!!!! ENGINE WONT TURN !!!!

Bruno

ok here's the story i bought a 88 tsi for a few bucks so i can use that motor for my 89tsi. the owner had it sitting outside for about 17 months.without starting it, he said there was nothing wrong with the engine when he last drove it . im thinkn its stuck some how, i put a breaker bar on the on the crank with an xtension and could not turn the it only the bolt turned i so topped cuz i do not want to snap that bolt, if it was a standard i could put it 1st hook a chain to my truck and try breaking it free but its an AUTO unless it would work if the gear is in DRIVE is the tourque convertter stuck, PLEAS ANYONE give me sum ideas besides the motor bein seized lol thanks for ur time and opinion!!!

Pull plugs fill pistons with wd40 let soak overnight, pull starter and use crow bar to go tooth by tooth on the flywheel..

If the torque converter is stuck, put the rear end on jack stands and turn it if the rear wheels turn then its the converter

real easy and simple remove the rad cap if no coolant is visiable,, your most likely out of an engine,,,next remove the spark plugs payiing attention where each came form,,any with strange looking crap on them,, rip the head off

the rings have more then likely had coolant get to them and the pistons , now it's close to being a boat anchor

real easy and simple remove the rad cap if no coolant is visiable,, your most likely out of an engine,,,next remove the spark plugs payiing attention where each came form,,any with strange looking crap on them,, rip the head off

the rings have more then likely had coolant get to them and the pistons , now it's close to being a boat anchor

come on shelby think positive lol hahahaha, well afer work 2day i took the plugs out and poured sum mystery oil in each cylinder gonna wait til saturday then try rokin it and then lft the rear up and do what brazil boy said. thanks for ur advice shelby,ulrichwolf,and brazilboy

i got one loose once by using the same bar i use for removing FW bolts. just a long peice of angle iron drilled to bolt to the holes in the FW.

but as shelby said, chances are it was parked for a blown head gasket, with coolant sitting in the cylinders rust has taken its coarse. even if you get it free, a hone and new rings will be needed for sure.

more damage will be done by forceing the engine to turn then by doing a partial tear down and look for sure at what the problem is,, been there all too many times

one thing for dam sure DO NOT pull it and try to get the engine to turn over

Edited by Shelby

got an engine that won't turn over try backing it up a little,, if it backs up or turns back wards something is broken and locking the engine ,, on one thats been seting 99times out of 100 it's water or coolant in the cyls,, and even if soaking it frees it up the trash need to be clean'd out so it's abetter option to remove the head and inspect

got an engine that won't turn over try backing it up a little,, if it backs up or turns back wards something is broken and locking the engine ,, on one thats been seting 99times out of 100 it's water or coolant in the cyls,, and even if soaking it frees it up the trash need to be clean'd out so it's abetter option to remove the head and inspect

Home style honing job, one cylinder at a time :lol: