Running a 1G MAS on stock 86 system!  Maybe!

GREENSTAR

What's up guys!  I am in the process of trying to get this to work.  I have a few more bugs to work out on my side.  I have an over rich problem which is caused by not have my water temp sensor hooked up because the little connection broke off but I am going to fix that this weekend.  I did splice in the 1G MAS to my stock 86 MAS harness.  I only had to run one extra wire to a switched 12v and 4 of the like wires.  Two of the wires from the 1G mas will not be used.  I don't want to preach that this works yet because I have not smoothed it out but so far I do get an idle and I can get some RPM's but with my over rich problem it is hard to tell if this works 100%.  I have to give full credit to Chad for the wiring set up!  Thanks man.  I will keep all of you 86 guys posted if this works or not.  I am going to work on it this weekend and I will give you results!  Keep your fingers crossed.  This will be a big step for all of the 86 guys to get rid of that damn stock mas!  Thanks!  Steve

What's up man?  Yeah, I was before I blew my stock motor.  But I am doing my break in on my new motor and I want to make sure that all is running good.  Plus, with the mas unhooked before it seemed that i did not get an accurate reading on the A/F gauge.  I want to try and get the 1g mas to work and then ultimately go to the GM MAF route.  We will see.  I am just trying out my options.  Steve

• 6 months later...
so once the 1g mas is hooked up.

that means no fuelcut right?

A $3 10k ohm pot switch will change the fuel cut on the 86 for you. My brother did this and it worked great! The 1g mas should raise the fuel cut though.

Shawn

A $3 10k ohm pot switch will change the fuel cut on the 86 for you. My brother did this and it worked great! The 1g mas should raise the fuel cut though.

Shawn

yeah no 1 ever achived over 15psi with 1 of those.

yep thats what i thought.

so wut is the point of a 1 g mas then? ???

i just hacked the hell out of my stock 1 of course leaving the

metered honey comb part alone.

it flow plenty of air now.enough that i can run a stock 86 inj

and the secondary injector.

why worry about a 1g mas on a 86 setup for?

Guest surferdude

What did you hack on your stock MAF?  

Take out the two "slot" boards in the can's outlet neck?  What about the MAF itself?

I have a good unhacked 1g MAS and bought a 3" Honda intake tube off of E-BAY plus some really nice silicone connectors.  Sounds like I might have wasted a bunch of $$$.

I also have a Python secondary for a 87-89 - think I might try it.

i got a python 86 injector i run along with the sec.but

then again i run the 86 setup in my 88.i know this sounds weird but

works for me.

usually peoplr replace the 86&87 system for the 88 89 .

i hacked my stock sensor by drilling holes all in the tubes in it past the

2 "slot"boards u are talking about.

i mean think about it the square holes where the "slot"boards are isnt that

restrictive.

it s where the air has to pull through the 2 air tubes in the bottom

that makes the air very restricted.

Sorry guys, I have been in and out of the scene since I sold my greenstar but I still hopp on as much as I can.  I am glad to see people are still interested in the 1G on the 86.  I can tell you that it surely made a big difference on my old 86.  I was running 20 + PSI and it ran beautiful for me.  I still am around guys if you need any help with this.  Shoot me an email.  Steve

• 4 months later...