Apex SFAC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

so how did you hook it up?

see i cant seem to find the right wires on the ecu, the instructions are just horindious. oh i can't wait to tune this thing. but what wires go where? thats all i am having trouble with!

pictures anyone?????

it was really easy after those instructions. They work great. The SAFC is really easy to tune with, its crazy how you can actually hear the car richen up or lean out when you do the intial setup.

The whole reason i got this SAFC was , well my buddy sold it to me for a $100, and im running T4 on the stock ECU and MAF!, stock really does suck you know.

but this thingy works great, i even am running 2 secondary injectors, so i dont lean out, kinda hard to explain, i got the idea from RRE, the link you posted. Seems like they know there s***.

thanks man,          Randy.

• 1 month later...

hmm

Has anyone tried running a 2g MAF tuned with the SAFC?  May have to upgrade the pump, regulator, and injectors, but it seems like it could be done.  I just hooked mine up yesterday and still playing with/learning how to use it.  This thing seems to make the horizons for tuning much much wider.

Fun times ahead.

hmm

Has anyone tried running a 2g MAF tuned with the SAFC?  May have to upgrade the pump, regulator, and injectors, but it seems like it could be done.  I just hooked mine up yesterday and still playing with/learning how to use it.  This thing seems to make the horizons for tuning much much wider.

Fun times ahead.

If you use an SAFC ya it'll work.

Without an SAFC you will have less than mediocre results.

• 3 years later...
How is it you guys are tuning this.. I need some tips.

Wideband. Remove or add fuel(+50% to -50%) at the RPM points you decided to set it up with. Two maps, hi and lo throttle. Or let someone tune it on a dyno who knows what they're doing.

If you don't have a wideband, don't even play with it.. Keep it zero'd out.

HEY WHATS THE PART NUMBER FOR THE SAFC I NEED TO BUY AND ALSO HOW DO I HOOK IT UP...

You don't need a part number. It's an Apex-I SAFC.. Either the old "SAFC II" or the new "SAFC NEO".. Google it.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41496

I guess we lost the thread that I linked to years ago for Yoko.