NEW TURBO

starquestJOE

HX40...18cm....not that good.

18cm is like 1.33 a/r. I'm goin to make a hybrid out of it with a hx35. I'm goin to use the 12cm exhaust housing to get it to spool

Ryan you can come over any time, just let me know. i'm off alot

hy35 spool really fast i think they are 9 or 10 cm

Edited by starquestJOE

Sorry, I got my numbers wrong. The 17c pushes 550 cfm. A holset hx35 flows 600cfm, so I am hoping my hy35 will push about 575 cfm. Since it has a larger housing then the 17c and I am always told it is very close to the hx35 for cfm. My hy35 is a 6 blade with a 9 cm housing w/ a 65mm turbine wheel.

Are you going to run your hx35 first before making it into a hybrid? I would be pretty interested in the results of using a holset. Even if you don't rebuild it. It should still be an animal. Have fun!!!

Its not a 35 its a HX40. my exhuast housing is a 18 cm. doulbe the size of yours. i think i'll try it. but i want to go mpi. i REALLY want to see how far i can take the TB first

So, To get all the B.S.out of the way...... Whats your max. efficiency range, cfm @15 psi and max. boost ??? Also, for the newer members. What kind of fuel modifications were done to run this turbo ???

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

turbo has not been put on yet. the pic is just to show how big it is next to the 12a.

as for fuel. i have a 255walbro in the car now or i have a paxton kamikaze 750. i have a BEGI RRFPR or paxton FPR. injectors will be 2 primary on the TB set up with the MAF-t and S-AFC. timing is a MSD BTM. MPI will be 4-880cc on whatever manifold i find with 75mm tb. i will be using a electormotive TEC 2

Edited by starquestJOE

turbo has not been put on yet. the pic is just to show how big it is next to the 12a.

as for fuel. i have a 255walbro in the car now or i have a paxton kamikaze 750. i have a BEGI RRFPR or paxton FPR. injectors will be 2 primary on the TB set up with the MAF-t and S-AFC. timing is a MSD BTM. MPI will be 4-880cc on whatever manifold i find with 75mm tb. i will be using a electormotive TEC 2

You still didn't answer most of my question. What is the cfm @15 psi, Efficiency range and max. boost ?? Two primary injectors (550 or 650cc?) on a TBI set up with that turbo?????????????

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Thanks CASEY_L

sorry secondry injectors. i said i was trying this turbo. if it does work out then I'll try something else. i like to learn the hard way i guess

Edited by starquestJOE

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/vr4_rider/Hx40--6blades-1.jpg

cal, how hard is it to google!!!!!?!?!?!?!

I'd rather try and read Chinese than that graph. Besides, My question was directed to Starquest Joe, not Casey L.

CALIBER 308

Thanks CASEY_L

sorry secondry injectors. i said i was trying this turbo. if it does work out then I'll try something else. i like to learn the hard way i guess

So, for the third time. What is the efficiency range, CFM @15 PSI and max. boost???? If you don't know just say so, and I will quit asking.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

no clue ...maybe you know...cuz your so worried about me answering it

Just curious. I would want to know the info. I asked about before I installed it on my engine. Don't get so upset!!! It was a simple question :confused0024:

CALIBER 308

Nice....

Is anyone here familiar with holset's naming terminology? If so, I've got 3 brand new H1C's that were tossed from JLG when they began using HX-series holsets on their material handlers, and have been quite curious about them. I compared it to the H1C used on Cummins TD trucks, and the housings are a bit different. Exhaust AR seems a bit large for an SQ (as well as being split scroll feeds like evo's), but they may be about right for a Megasquirted slant-6 i've been working on....

EDIT:

post-3267-1236825429_thumb.jpgpost-3267-1236825448_thumb.jpg

Old pics of it

Edited by bzurc

Dude learn to read compressor maps it is not rocket science. Use google. Once you learn to read compressor maps you can match a turbo to an engine build and start making some real power backed with SIMPLE mathematical theory.