a no cut hard pipe

well i found a new mass to turbo hard pipe that u dont have to cut to fit...its from a 88 -91 prelude....its 3" all u have to buy is a 3"coupler from autozone for 5 bux ... i got the intake for free but their on ebay for like 30 bux

I was looking on Ebay for awhile... I found them for $18 plus shipping ::)...

Are you sure its a 3inch? It looks smaller. There was two ports on that intake also...

I'll post a pic if I remember, a little later...

I'm glad I got the HKS pipe elbows..Now all I need is 3 inch piping to run the intake down to where the charcoal canister used to be... easy enough though, 23 shipped from summit for 4 feet of 3 inch tubing...

Just a PSA here. I've been down this road, and wait for the coupler to melt or slip off starting the rubber spacer on it's merry journey picking up it's pals from the fins of your turbo and going south to your intercooler where the little pieces of aluminum and rubber go for the winter.

Save the cash and atleast get the coupler from Kelly or one like his. You be glad you did. Also be carefull of the welds and any plastic contained on the pipe.

Where did you run the ventilation seperater canister hose to, if not the center vacuum port of the intake? I run a crank vent kit and would like to know where to go with the sep. can. line before I purchase this set-up? Thanks

That little canister that was bolted on to your stock air filter canister is needed when running a Krank Vent system, I wasn't thinking early this morning when I asked that question, cause I figured out that I would use a vacuum t splitter and go close to the throttle body tapped into the pcv valve line, that way oil contaminents would not enter my new turbo but instead go into the base of the TB. and be burned. You should really consider a Krank Vent system for any higher than stock boost applications, the stock pcv valve is not strong enough to hold boost from entering into the motor and into the crank case and it will cause bad seals, valve cover gaskets, and any other gasket used to seal the motor. It also seats the rings against the cyl. walls better. there is a thread on this some where, I just cant remember where? But beleive me the system works!!!! When I installed my new 19c turbo and cranked up the boost I blew my front main seal, valve cover gasket, and popped out the cam plug half moon gasket, just finished resealing the whole motor today, running great now! Check out Krank Vent.com

• 4 weeks later...

OUCH!

yeah I reinstalled my old oil seperator but Im using a KELLY AHP.  If I had to do it over again I probably would have to go with the cheapy setup and get a Kelly DP or IC pipes.   Or OVC Pipe.  I wish we could easily get a bung welded onto the AHP from kelly for the bypass valve, but im sure the labor involved would be too much. Oh well, got my local guy gonna weld it for me and then maybe I will throw some $$ at it and get it chromed.

;)I ended up installing a large spicket on the accordian boot and going to there with the oil seperator canister line that used to go to the stock air box. I was just worried that if anything came out of that line it would chew up the compreesor wheel, but after looking at my 2 freinds stock 88's they also go to the accordian air intake tube with the seperator can line. All is well and working the way it should be! Very happy with set-up for now ;D

• 2 months later...