Help please

ernielist

My car has a bucking/surging problem throughout the rpm range, it also idles like crap. Heres what I have done to fix it:

cap, rotor, plugs, wires, ignition coil

fuel filters, checked strainers, checked fuel pump, new fpr, cleaned and flowed injectors, traded injectors for known good ones

traded mas for known good unit, checked collant temp sensor, checked ISC, replaced vac hoses, cleaned relays and fusible links

cleaned injector clips and associated sensor clips cleaned everything basically

alt is putting out juice and batt is good.

all IC hoses are connected and good

vac advance tested and is good, I am receiving signal from the TBI to advance the vac

timing is within limits

A friend came over and told me I had the harness on the injectors wrong and I was idling off the secondary, we switched the harness and idles it on the primary it idles better on the secondary so we figured the primary was bad we swapped for a good primary which didnt fix the problem. The thing is when I was idling on the secondary and it started to idle like crap all I would have to do is disconnect my mas and the car would idle on the secondary just fine, can someone please tell me what could possibly be wrong with this car, I have checked everything. The timing is not off in the car because it ran pretty good when I got it and the problem has been getting progressively worse and I am about to lose my mind because I have checked everything and done everything that was recommended and put the recommended parts in the car and it still doesnt run. Help or come buy it.

Have you checked the compression yet? I had a car that would not run very long then foul plugs, turn out it had a cracked ring and it was eating the cylinder wall but this is an extreme. Having the car idle on the secondary with the mas unplugged says to me the mas is modding that signal so maybe the tps voltage is off or the tip switch on the idle motor is dead. I thought that you had those injectors cleaned? Bad plugs can cause allot of problems that you may think are something else.

Have you checked the compression yet? I had a car that would not run very long then foul plugs, turn out it had a cracked ring and it was eating the cylinder wall but this is an extreme. Having the car idle on the secondary with the mas unplugged says to me the mas is modding that signal so maybe the tps voltage is off or the tip switch on the idle motor is dead. I thought that you had those injectors cleaned? Bad plugs can cause allot of problems that you may think are something else.

Yeah I've had a cracked plug insulator once. It'll miss like crazy.

As for known good mas - what's that mean? Also on the TPS I wondered if it might have multiple flat spots or something?

Edited by Edde

Is this from when you start it, and even when it warms up? Pull the vac line off the fuel pressure regulator and see if it's leaking. Check the CTS.

When it was running on the secondary it only did it when it warmed up, but if I unplugged the mas it would stop. Now that I am running on the primary it runs crappy all the time, The FPR is brand new and it has been checked it is good. the cts has been checked and it is within norms I even bypassed it to double check. Any other ideas??

Yes. Known good means little unless each function has been tested.

My IC pipes and all are good. The mas air sensor we used was off of a quest that is running and driving fine. Not to mention that the car idles fine on the secondary until it warms up, then when it warms up it runs like crap, if I kill the mas at this point it runs fine. If I idle it on the primary it runs like crap all the time even if I disconnect the mas. Im confused, I have tried another primary it ran a little better, had that primary cleaned and no luck still ran like crap. I just dont understand why the car runs great on the secondary with mas until warmup? I mean shouldnt it be running rich and fouling everything out? Why would it run great on the secondary with no mas and why would it run good on the secondary until warmup? I thought it was a bad mas too, but the other mas didn't work either then I figured the primary injector was shot. What are the procedures for checking the mas, I will meter it out just to be sure, but once again if it was mas, why would it idles great on the secondary and like crap on the primary even with the mas disconnected?