conquest lt1 lives

s.kodai

got the lt1 v8 running a few days ago.  sounds really good.  needs a little tunung though.  it has a idle to full-throttle hesitation.  the bad thing about the lt1 is that it has about 60 tables that can be editited for tuning.  and i really don't have to much of a clue where to start.  drives around the block tho.  does nice power slides.

anyone have a place i can host a video, so you guys can see me spin the tires a little?

350 cid lt1

cc306 cam

p+p heads

custom sanderson shorty headers

2.5 to 3 inch exhaust

custom tuning done by tunercat and some .bins i downloaded off the net to get it running

4l60e auto tranny (i like autos, faster at the track, and easier to drive, i'm lazy)

3000 rpm stall from torco

no dynos yet, but 350 rwhp is VERY possible.  most if the guys i have seen with a cc306 get about that, depending on tuning and gear.  i'll lose a little cause we have the 3.55 rear, and they mostly have 3.73s and 4.10s.  but i have a lighter car (won't make a diff on the dyno tho).

antone else done an lt1 swap?  can i officially be the first lt1?

nick

I talked to a kid about 5 years ago that claimed to have done one. Seemed to know what he was talking about however I didn't see it with my own eyes. For me at least you would qualify as #2. Never the less I still think its cool as Penguin Poop.  I wouldn't do it but I respect it for what it is.  Gotta appreciate a car that accelerates proportional to the speed you squash the pedal.  8)  Got any pics of how you squeezed all that under the hood?  Love to see them

Guest silverngray

Sounds like a fun car! Curious as to how much room is the trans tunnell? I want to keep my 2.6 but would like to put in a six speed (t56).

Thanks Rico p.s. you should post some pixs I would like to see it.

i don't have a problem with tranny tunnel issues, i started with an auto, which come with a bigger tranny tunell.  it is a tight fit tho.

http://www.superimagehost.com/image.php?src=244070981.jpg&m_id=67

that's the only pic i can post easily.  that's why i need a host.  i wanna show you the video.  i can show the whole thing.

hmmm, if he can give me some good info, that would be good, but i'm not gonna pay for a tune.  i would rather drive a bad running car for two months and learn how to fix it myself, than pay someone else to do it for me.

as for handling, i don't know yet.  radiator fans are appearing wednesday.  till then, i can only go around the block.  i'll let you know.  hopefully i can get some vids done, and hosted.

thats such a popular engine im sure if you had blank chips and a burner you could download bins all day until you find the right one.  im sure you know the programs are available online for free(i think)  a friend of mine just swapped a 350 in his RS and is learning how to do the tuning now, until then hes running a carb.

good luck

• 3 months later...

Why not use LT1 Edit?

http://members.cox.net/massieg/lt1edit.html

Yuo should consider upgrading that stock opti-spark to a Dynotech Engineering billet peice or a LT1-LS1 ignition adapater from Bob Bailey Engineering... before it craps out.

The hesitation likely is from the tune, but could also be a bad TPS sensor or IAC.

Any thoughts on forced induction for it? :D

• 3 weeks later...