Slight hesitation when driving

mc23

So yesterday I finished up rebuilding the TB and wiring up new injector clips. Throttle response is way better with the new injector clips (old clips where on there last leg) .The hesitation is still there though. Its starts to hesitate once I get going and when I keep it at a constant roll... Any ideas? TPS?

Thanks!

-Matt

Edited by mc23

How many miles on the TPS? They will get a flakey spot at the part throttle/cruise position. You can use a cheap analog DVM to do a sweep test to see if the resistance is nice and linear.

Scott

Yea I'm sure the TPS is as same age as the car. The housing of the wires on the TPS are starting to split where they come out of the actual sensor. So? I will pick up a VM this weekend to check it out. Professor still selling the TPS sensors?

Check your vacuum tubing for cracks or splits, and did you hook up the correct tubing to the correct nipple on the gang of three on the TB. Also is the tubing hooked up to the lone nipple on the intake manifold under the gang of three.

Then check that the tubing is correctly hooked up to the other smog components around the TB and the waste gate solenoid valve tubing.

Check especially the vacuum tubing going to the distributor vacuum advance.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

All vaccum lines were accounted for and in the correct location. I would have to check around the wastegate area. The vaccum lines all look like they are in good condition. But a second look wouldnt hurt.