upgraded intercooler

tsiman

So what are you guys doing as far as upgraded intercoolers?  I have a 20G turbo and im looking to get a little cooler.  I already have hard pipes and everthing else, i just need a big intercooler.  Thanks for the info!

So how much lower was that getting your air temp compared to the stock intercooler?  And i also noticed you have like basically the same set up as me.  What are you doing for an air intake??  What are some of the times your running?   Looks like a bad a** car man!! take care

Kev

Thats a nice pic i luv the way that intercooler looks.  Hey does anybody know why my air temp might be getting a little high.  I have the SDS system an the air temp gets up to around 104-108 sometimes.  Just wondering if there's any ways to get that air temp. down a little more. and also, how can i get some pix on the site for you guys?  Thanks

Kevin

I'm looking into a Mitsu truck I/C. I understansd that they can be found at a reasonable price. Anyone out there using one? What particular model should we look for and what is a good price? Thanks for your help!

see boosted one's post above...

Thats a nice pic i luv the way that intercooler looks.  Hey does anybody know why my air temp might be getting a little high.  I have the SDS system an the air temp gets up to around 104-108 sometimes.  Just wondering if there's any ways to get that air temp. down a little more. and also, how can i get some pix on the site for you guys?  Thanks

Kevin

Where's your temp sensor located?

Those temps aren't bad. My air temps go up as the motor temp goes up then it buffers out. Some of it is heat soak in parts which is unavoilable as the engnien is one large convextion oven.

Do a search on the MPI forums, but we did post some intake temps. I never seen mine over 10-12 degrees ambient temperature during summer using the FUSO IC.

• 1 month later...
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/1314981.jpg

TEP/Spearco!

Works Great.  But my frst idea was to take two 88-89 IC's and put one on top of the other,  then have the end tanks fabro'd.  

Hey Zer0fist,

I will get mine soon from UPS I won it from ebay new for 515.00 TEP FMIC from        

Spearco. Yours looks so sweet and I can say it will look nice on my car too!!! ;D nice clean car man and we both have red hehe.

By the way how did you get the IC pipe fabricated? I'm getting the 90 degree angle on the outlet side w/c was different on Tep's site.

Good job,

Joe

we could build you a custom IC out of either the very efficient Buick Grand National cores or new Griffin/Spearco cores.

A stock Buick 10-row IC with a Duttwieler neck is efficient into the mid-11s.

keith@measeperformance.com

The other thing you can try, if you switch to DFI is eliminating the IC altogether and instead using 1 or more extra injectors to cool the intake charge/and/or using propane injection/alky injection or the CO2 additives.

check out www.gnttype.org in the Resources section under Turbos, and look at Bruce Plecan's write up on eliminating the IC in a Grand National (he is running a FAST with Edist and LS1 ignition coils)

• 6 months later...

Question?

What is the stock intercooler input and output temperatures at 10psi w/ td05 turbo?

I hear the Starion/Conquest 88/89 intercooler is ~85% efficient..

Also thinking of a intercooler upgrade to a huge 32x9" setup..  stock is 18"

for my T3/T4 setup at 15psi... ;D