another scammer

strang3majik

Okay...I put my car up on craigslist, just to see if Id get any action...and...I did.

...my first reply was...

Hi,i will like to know about the present condition and the list price before i proceed your car.

- Rose Brown

Knowing it was a scam since all that was in the ad...I replied with this.

Hello Rose,

Well, I have the car for sale for $3591.38 for just the black one. Or, you can take the blue one with it for $4216.11.

Sorry for the strange amounts, but, thats exactly how much I have in them between the two, in gas, food for energy to stay alive and work on them, and parts.

The black one will need muffler bearings, a clutch fan, and headlight fluid, and you can drive it anywhere. The Blue one will need a complete redo as it has no title, and is a different color than original. It was actually recovered from the Atlantic Ocean, and is a little rusty after its fall from a cargo ship.

Shipping to Sunnyvale, CA may be a little exspensive...but, since I know some people who know some people, I can have it dropped off right at your front door via FBI transport helicopter to the residence of IP - 209.131.36.158 [her IP]

please let me know if you are still interested.

Tyler

after sending this, i expected no reply...but guess what...

Hello ,

Good to read back from you soonest,I really appreciate the information given towards making this transaction a successful one........I will like us to carry on with this deal with trust and understanding. I'm okay with the least price $4,216.11 , i will be offering you $100 for removing it from Criagslist ....all together is $4,316.11...I will really appreciate it if you can get back to me with your full details because i will asked my business associate who is presently in Michigan to issue out a payment cashier check amount of ($7,316.11) which will be covering the shipping cost because the shipping firm will be picking up the item from u along with some other goods that are to be shipped in the state. Get back to me with full details such as ,

YOUR NAME IN FULL...............

CONTACT ADDRESS....

CITY.....

STATE......

ZIP-CODE...............

PHONE NUMBER........................

Pls do not bother about any other buyer, i believe things will work as planned. Concerning the pick up I've arrange that with my shipping firm because they are picking up from u along with other goods that are to be shipped for me. All you need to do is to get the check cashed immediately you do receive the check ,deduct the item amount and the offering amount $100 and get the remaining fund send to the shipping firm same day via western union money transfer or Money gram so that the shipping firm will be coming to your location to arrange for the pick up. i will email u my shipper information where u are going to send the remaining fund to as soon as the check have been send to u. Hope to hear from you ASAP.

Best Regards and Stay blessed ...............

N.B Make sure you mail me back immediately you get this message in other to proceed.

Regards

What is wrong with people. Ill keep you updated to see how long I can string it out...lol

I just find it funny they didnt question anything... :)

Edited by strang3majik

LOL the second you see the words "shipping" or "western union" from someone on CL, id suggest one of 2 things:

1. Screw with the person and waste as much of their time as you possibly can. Get there hopes up then shut em down (I see this is the road your taking, i like your style)

2. Erase that message never even think about re opening it.

I can't understand how people can live with themselves each day knowing that ALL theyre good for in this world is screwing other people over

Aw, Rose is sitting pretty in Nigeria.....ain't no one coming to arrest her.

However, there was some site where they made the scammers do funny stuff, you know, leading them on and so forth......can't remember the site.

Funny stuff, tho

Tim

LOL. I guess they didnt understand the part about the FBI and their IP. You would think they would have gotten a clue that you know whats up.

Tell them that your friends at the FBI have requested that the fake cashiers check come with clear finger prints on them for an easier prosecution, and they will be happy to hand deliver the funds to "her" local western union and even say hi, when they/she picks up the money.

See what kind responce that gets LOL

Okay...heres the latest continuation. Heres my reply to her latest.

Hi Rose,

First I want to tell you that the car isnt actually in my name. A friend gave me the car since he felt bad.

His full name wass: Joe Octavius Schmo

And you ask for an address, however, I am unable to give you one since he died in a horrible sled dog accident in Mexico. As far as my address, I live in the car, and am looking forward to the money for a down payment on a minivan since Im about to have kids, and my ex-girlfriend will be taking care of them while I am away.

Which leads me to inform you of where to send the cashiers check/moneygram. I am about to be heading off to prison for stealing a box of condoms and a full tank of gas, again, so, you can send it to:

Florida State Prison - Inmate #24824

7819 NW 228th Street

Raiford, FL 32026

They will forward it to me there and I will have my ex-girlfriend pick it up and finalize it with you. And please be sure to include a return address so I can send you a thank you card once the transaction is complete.

Her current cellphone number is - 904-368-2500, she should pick up right away. If not, please disregard the name Paul on the voicemail, being we found the phone, and leave a message regarding this transaction with a return phone number.

Also, the vehicle is removed from craigslist, and is reserved especially for you, Rose. So consider the car yours.

I also must add that I am a bit offended by the stay blessed comment as I am a Confuciust, and we do not believe in such things as being blessed. However, I will disregard this comment as I understand you meant it only as a kind gesture, and I look forward to proceeding with this transaction with you regardless.

Thank you very much again,

and please reply letting me know you recieved this information.

Tyler

and believe it or not...heres the reply to this.

Hello,

Good to read back from you soonest, i will want you to get back to me because i can not understand what you mean by this mail ... i will want you to email me the Name and address of whom to cash the check .before it send also you can give me ur ex-girlfriend email address so that i can chat with her .

I honestly think by this point they would understand Im screwing with them, but hey, its fun to keep it going...lol

WICKED

^^

oh some of the things I have told them when they try too scam me over the quest is funny. and mean.

LOL

Dude they're all form letters. The only thing those scammers do is skim the e-mail you send for the total amount you're requesting for the item. They didn't even read everything you spent the time writing.

Dude they're all form letters. The only thing those scammers do is skim the e-mail you send for the total amount you're requesting for the item. They didn't even read everything you spent the time writing.

lol...she must've read it being she wanted to speak to my ex-girlfriend...lol

Also, the death in the sled dog accident in Mexico wouldnt arise any suspicion that I'm playing with them...lol

I just think they don't know a lot of english (being the horrible grammar) and just see this as me being interested...lol

will continue to update.

Edited by strang3majik

I receive about 20 scam emails a day through Craigslist ads I have posted. It is simply mind blowing to think that these complete fools think someone will fall for their tricks when they can't even use proper English or Grammar. Several years ago I received an email for some SAAB parts I had for sale on a Saab enthusiasts forum, it was my first encounter with one of these scam artists, however this 'gentleman' typed and spelled everything correctly and researched the parts and knew a bit about Saabs. He impressed me to the point I trusted he was sincerely interested in purchasing my parts. He sent his check $3,600 and it promptly was returned to me by the bank for a FAKE. How nice, eh?

If these morons would type better and perhaps make some sense of what they are trying to say in their emails perhaps they would get away with their scams.

i didnt see ur car in the FS section here???

it was kind of one of those...if someone buys it, its sold type of things.

Not really out to sell it...but, I do have a price...lol

So far, only one legitimate response...but, Im keeping.

Plus, what fun would it be posting it here? No scam emails...lol

And Kreal...my dad is a cop around this area...and constantly there is people calling the police for saying they were scammed off the internet. Sometimes them they buyer...most of the time exactly this. Sad yes...but, honestly, some of them make it believeable and you just dont know.

Edited by strang3majik