Recommendations

Lusion972

Ok people...I have been out of the loop when it comes to video games for a little while. Can yall recommend some games for me. No war games because I have been to war and dont need to reinact it. I have GTA 4 and like games similar to that. I am going to get saints row 2 but need some else that is worth while. Thanks-

i just got mortal combat vs dc comics,,, sadly i cant play it till christmas tho beeing the 360 is wrapped up

but i watched the gameplay on it at youtube. it looks pretty bad @ss the new madden 09 looks looks very wicked also

1 more thing even tho this is kinda off topic. have you been to gamefly.com its a cool way to try games before you buy them.

rpg - fallout 3 (alternate post apocalyptic future), oblivion (fantasy)

driving - forza 2 (sim driving on pavement), dirt (sim/arcade rally)

rockband 2 is great if you have friends over. 2 has some nice upgrades over 1

crackdown is a fun gta-as-a-superhuman-cop kind of game by some of the developers of gta, and can be had for cheap

I was looking at left 4 dead and I was hoping that it wasnt like resident evil because I hated that franchise.

Imwii, I bought forza 2 last night on ebay for 4 dollars....I looked online and the previews of all the mods and drifting were awesome. Hope to see you online some time to play against.

I need to find that zombie game where you are trapped in a mall and have to keep knocking out zombies...cant remember the name of it.

Edited by Lusion972

I was looking at left 4 dead and I was hoping that it wasnt like resident evil because I hated that franchise.

Imwii, I bought forza 2 last night on ebay for 4 dollars....I looked online and the previews of all the mods and drifting were awesome. Hope to see you online some time to play against.

I need to find that zombie game where you are trapped in a mall and have to keep knocking out zombies...cant remember the name of it.

Left 4 Dead isn't like Resident Evil. RE you have to solve puzzles, fight bosses, etc.

L4D you just gotta run, and survive. You can also do 4v4 - humans vs. zombies.

I think you're talking about Dead Rising?

Also, download Castle Crashers! Such an entertaining side scroll game ( online play ) - it makes me laugh so much some parts of it.

Edited by Fanta

Ok people...I have been out of the loop when it comes to video games for a little while. Can yall recommend some games for me. No war games because I have been to war and dont need to reinact it. I have GTA 4 and like games similar to that. I am going to get saints row 2 but need some else that is worth while. Thanks-

oblivion (fantasy) +1

I really enjoyed playing Star Wars Lego trilogy. It was my kids and I found myself playing it more than them. They've now released Lego Batman and Indiana Jones. I would agree that Crackdown is also a great game, one of the more fun ones I've played in a while. Supposedly coming out with a Crackdown 2. Not sure though.

I really enjoyed playing Star Wars Lego trilogy. It was my kids and I found myself playing it more than them. They've now released Lego Batman and Indiana Jones. I would agree that Crackdown is also a great game, one of the more fun ones I've played in a while. Supposedly coming out with a Crackdown 2. Not sure though.

those LEGO games are addicting. And so much fun. Man, nothing was more satisfying than choking rebel troops into an explosion of jewels while being Darth Vader.

I've been playing GRID and I love it.

its one of the best driving games I have played.

but I only plaid it on a 720 h2c for the dell team , when i worked there.

Yeah the plot kinda sucks and from what I read it gives you very limited time with the VS fully powered up which sucks but I played the demo at best buy last year and it looked awesome.

Any other games you guys suggest?

yeah I will 3rd the vote for grid. Ive only played on PC and I know I woudn't like it without a nice wheel and peds. Do they even have a nice wheel for the 360 or ps3? And by nice I mean one with good feel, good size no 8 10" wheel, force feedback, montable, no turning restrictions unless it's like 2 full turns etc.

BioShock, Stranglehold and Portal were all fun games. If you play Bioshock do so in the DARK, with the speakers turned up.

Forget Bioshock, play Deadspace at night, with the sound turned up.

Game spooked me well enough to cause my acid reflux to kick in. That game is intense.

Based on my experience, you don't want NFS undercover. It sucks! If you are looking for a good arcade racer it's GRID! I have it for the PS3 and it's exactly the same for the xbox 360. I have NFS undercover for the xbox 360 and I wasn't impressed at all. Other good games are Halo 3 of course and FIFA 09, both make great games for playing with your buddies.

IMHO star wars force unleashed SUCKS things I can't say here bigtime. I played for like 2 hours to give it a chance and it sucks. Same thing over and over and over again. I have a light saber that will cut right through a blast door yet im not hacking people in half in a single swipe????? COME ON. I slam someone with a huge object using force power but it dosn't kill them in a single hit?????? COME ON

Grid is awsome. As for PS3 VS 360 I would say your avrage to middle range gamer would notice little to no difrence even on the highest quality TV you can buy. If your comming over from computer gaming it's a night and day diffrence. Try running Oblivion on your consoul.