Vacuum and Oil Leak

Since going MPI I have had a slow oil leak that I thought was coming from the oil dipstick tube. It's been leaving aprox a 3 inch puddle on the garage floor. I recently had the head off for a gasket replacement and since it has been back on I have what sounds to be a pretty good intake leak coming from the #2 runner area. Runs fine and the plugs look good. Rev it a little and the hissing goes away so it has to be a vacuum leak.. right?

All my vac lines are good.

Couple of days ago while trying to track down the vacuum leak I had my hand under there and the bottom side of runner 2 is solid coated with quite a bit of oil. So I think my intake gasket isn't sealing up well somewhere.

Did a compression check and all cylinders are fine. I used the stock intake gasket and where the plate used to be on the side of the head the magna intake covers without a plate so I just used some gray rtv around it thinking it would be ok. Maybe not? I would think this would cause oil to leak on the top of the intake where I could see it.

Turns out oil is dripping off the under side of the intake onto the dipstick tube making it look like that is where the leak was.

I think it's time to take the intake off and cut a gasket to cover all areas of the magna intake.

Anyone else experienced something like this?

Has your head or block been milled, or both? Your intake mani could be not sealing up because of that, you would have to cut some material away from the bottom of the manifold. And also add more rtv. When I got my mani, Chad accidentally warped the flange a bit when welding it, perhaps yours got warp some. If you do take it off, check for flatness.

It is going to come off because I don't trust the gasket.

I will get a straight edge against it and see what things look like.

When I changed the head gasket the intake and exhaust manifolds stayed on and they sealed fine before. Going to take a little investigating

I know there is something i can spray around the intake to check for leaks but i can't remember right now. Carb Cleaner maybe ?

And yes my block has been milled. i will take a look at that too as soon as it gets at least above 20 outside. 6 degrees right now ... no freakin way. My garage is not heated

Edited by psu_Crash