Deep dish steelies

Convette

yes.... lots o places. Diamond racing is where I was going to get my 16x10's for the SQ. We'll probably get the wheels for the RX7 from there too. You'd also be betteroff with a backspace measurement rather than an offset. Backspacing is easier to work with IMO.

www.diamondracingwheels.com

Edited by Sully

What about wieght. I called and the guy said that they are heavy as $hit. Like 50-55lbs a wheel (for 17x 10- 18's x 13) How much do the 16x12's weigh, and what did you pay?

Thanks

Edited by idriftjunk

they list it on there site i paid 168 a wheel for the rears ( 16x12) and 148 for the fronts (16x10) the heavy wheels are for the off road guys they dont make a car wheel bigger than the 16 and i havnt recieved them yet so ill let you know when they get here lol Edited by FnFspeed

if your going 17 or 18 you'd be better off going with CCW's.

Super expensive though.

not that bad actually im going to be buying them with my tax return already have a price of 2800 shipped to me in 17x12 -20 and 17x10 -23

oh and dont get those offsets if you are thinking of ordering them i have custom front and rear suspension especially the front its all 240 and custom rods and control arms

Edited by FnFspeed

if it helps at all...I just threw an early (60s) Mopar 6.5" steelie on the front of my car just to see how it looked, and, besides looking sweet...it was the perfect offset for flush with the fender.

as for rears...idk...but...they do look nice...as steelies do on muscle cars as well

I see. I guess cause I asked for 17's they bump them up into truck wheels. I need something similar to your offsets, maybe a liitle more. I'd love to see some more ifo on your suspension setup. I was going to go with a s14 front member, arms, susp..etc... , or a complete custom un-equal length adjustable A arm set up (cut out strut towers and all) Either way I need to get my wheels out an extra 3" on each side in the front, close to 4' on the rear. Please post of PM me some pics of your set up.

EDIT THAAAT: CCW's ....damn Now all I need is $2800!

Edited by idriftjunk

yea everythingis at the powdercoater until i hear from him lol hes doin it for pretty much free so when he gets another black thing to do hes gonna do my lower control arms and tension rods and spindles and rear upper control arms and strut links and coilover brackets ill post pics when its together i have all of my build pics on th camera too. next is the engine assembly im gonna blow your minds haha.

CCWs are baller money. But damn nice since they're custom-built.

If you're looking for cheap* custom-offset wheels, you can do what I'm planning on [but you'd better not ^_^], and order American Racing's Shelby-427s:

http://hubcaphouseunlimited.com/custom-mad...ted-c42739.html

http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/18/5e/2870_1.JPG

They offer all kinds of sizes, from 15" [6" clear up to 14" WIDE!!!] , to 17" [8"-11" widths], and 18" [8" and 10" widths].

I recall in my custom-wheels thread someone stated that the backspacing they offered was still too high to use with our cars, and after emailing HubCapHouseUnlimited they pointed something out:

"Backspacing of 4.75" to 7.50" ... also can be made in a reverse mount with 1.25" to 4.00""

If I'm thinking correctly, the lowest backspacing possible would essentially place about 9 inches of that 11-inch wheel on the fender side of the hub! Crazy-dish!

Just a thought. :sweatingitout: I know they're not steelies, but I couldn't resist.

* cheap meaning budget-friendly, budget-friendly meaning the girlfriend won't leave you for spending that much, which roughly equates to $1800 or less ^_^

Edited by Dave-O

Don't plan on getting the 16's. You won't find any tires to run on them except for race compound semi-slicks. LOL

Thats what he's going for.

CCW's are bad. I was going to get the Classic 2 Piece but they don't make them anymore. :angry: This was when I still had interest in working on my car. They still have some center sections in stock. If you find a set on ebay or something, you still may be able to get a new center sections with the correct offset.

Edited by Sully