My 1988 Chrysler Conquest TSI

CaliConquestAlex

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I found a deal I couldn't pass up and got a 60-1 turbo to replace the 57 trim I had before. Both turbos have P-trim turbine wheels so I am still able to use my bullseye performance turbine housing. I put it on, cranked the engine to give some oil to the turbo and then let it idle for a bit. Out with the old, in with the new! I did note that my AFR's are running leaner with the bigger turbo...as expected...more air!

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s415/apordes/20141004_084741_zps7ejzknfi.jpg

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s415/apordes/20141004_084648_zpsytb6kd1x.jpg

Edited by CaliConquestAlex

• 2 weeks later...
Took it for the first test drive with the new turbo tonight. Spool is about the same, but at 10 psi it feels waaaay more powerful than the previous turbo. Can't wait to turn it up to 20psi in the not so distant future. I need to log a lot more miles with autotune to clean up the fuel maps.

How did you get the tablet to work with your system, i'd rather use one than a laptop?

The megasquirt had a serial to bluetooth adapter connected and there's an andriod app called "MsDroid" which is free and works on almost all android tablets with bluetooth.

It's a P-trim turbine wheel, which is huge, so full spool by 4500rpm is pretty good. I have to be deliberate with the gas pedal to make power. I like this better than a small turbo that spools instantly because I already have a hard time keeping the tires from spinning on wet surfaces.

I run a F-1 57 Trim on the turbine side.

as far as i could find on the turbonetics site and internet. it is basically the same size as a TD06 Turbine wheel.

Seems 4500 with P-Trim and 55 A/R is high for full spool. i would think you should reach full spool under 4000 RPM.

especially with the 55 trim.

with my same exact turbo and a .82 A/R i hit max boost by 4100 RPM.

i would check the waste gate is not opening early or forced open because of not enough spring pressure - tension

P-Trim

2.542" Exducer Diameter 2.920" Major Diameter

F1 - 57 Trim

2.328" Exducer Diameter 3.000" Major Diameter

I think it may be tuning related. I'm sure my spool could be earlier. Right now I'm running very conservative timing and fuel maps to keep it rich. Here's an updated engine pic. I'm waiting to reinstall my cusco strut bar because I've had the valve cover off several times recently.

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s415/apordes/20141019_215330_zpsf5lej9vg.jpg

I've been really working on getting the car running well and breaking in the new pistons/rings and turbo. The next big project will be the rack and pinion conversion. I picked up a setup from Scott from his wrecked drift car so I hope it'll mostly be bolt on, except for the rack mounts that need to be welded to the cross-member.