loss of acceleration/bucking

TexasQuest

So I was driving my quest tonight and all of a sudden the car starts to jerk/buck a little. It does it mainly if I decrease in speed just a tad bit. I notice the boost guage jump a little, but not much when this happens and the speedo and tach fall down a little. Also when I was driving up a slight incline I noticed the power just simply dissapear. I put the pedal to the floor but the engine kept slowing down, downshifted into 3rd still nothing, downshifted into 2nd still nothing. Held it in 2nd with my foot to the floor and eventually the speed started to regain. Also after I cranked it once after it had been parked for several hours I drove it not even a 1/4 mile to a redlight and stopped when the car started to die. That's the ONLY time it did this tonight. Does this sound like clogged converters or a vacuum/boost leak?

i just bought an 87 starion the other day and next day it jerked and bucked similar sounding to what is happening with ours. i got the car in the garage the next day and did a leak down test. Found TONS of boost leaks, a lot of open tees in a lot of my vacuum lines. got rid of some that day the surge/ bucking went away. i also bought like 11 ft. of vacuum line and replaced a lot of my lines, and gained a about 3 lb of boost.

Well I found 2 dissconected vacuum lines, must have happened when I changed the exhaust mani gasket thurs. night. Still it doesn't feel like it accelerates like it should. I stomp it in 3rd or 4th and the speed slowly accelerates. My 97 tracer accelerates harder than this?!

Well did the deal and it seems to pick up a little better. Of course one of my EGR ports is totally blocked with carbon crap so that could be a part of it as well as a dirty fuel system and clogged cats.

I'd suspect that your blue injector is not operating properly. Have both of them cleaned. If you need new ones, I'd also recommend the Delphi injectors, 65 and 95 pounders. Delphi injectors require that the top fuel rail be enlarged, spacers and longer bolts be used. Simpler than it sounds.

Rgds,

Jms

I remember when i first got my car it used to happen to me. i think it has something to do with the sensors. someone on the site said if you unplug

the MAF the car will get a trouble code. all i know is that i reset the ecm and the problems stopped.

You've tested the vacuum advance unit and it doesn't leak down?

What's your timing set at right now?

If you unplug the blue injector can you rev the car up quickly? (in neutral)

What happens when you plug it back in?

If you can't rev the car quickly then the secondary isn't coming in (or the tps is not working)

Have you had your injectors out and had them cleaned?