Power

This thread might answer your question. Lots of good info.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.p...0range&st=0

Thanks for the thread, but I still don’t know how much power can a stock bottom end hold? I mean all I keep on hearing about is psi of boost and timing. I some what understand about all of that but just need to know hp. And I also am one of those guy they where referring too, about big power and no drivability. But now a little more groan, a little wiser, now see that making big power and can’t drive my car daily is not what it’s all about. Plus with a wife and kids I have to spend my MONEY more conservatively, and wisely. At the end of the day I just want to go out and enjoy my car and have fun…

I made 351hp and 412 ft lbs tq on mpi tuning with a tec3. Could have made more but clutch I had at the time was slipping. And I drove the car everyday without a hitch.

I made 351hp and 412 ft lbs tq on mpi tuning with a tec3. Could have made more but clutch I had at the time was slipping. And I drove the car everyday without a hitch.

351 and 412ft, that’s cool thanks. So because of your clutch that slowed you down? If you don’t mind me asking what set up do you have? Because like my self I’m going to be running MPI with a MS and ford EDIS4 to control the spark, full 3†exhaust and port polish head, 25G turbo added fuel pump, and RR FPR with 750cc inj. Also a 4 puck clutch I know, I know it’s a little extreme but that’s what I got the car with, low on cash it was just cheaper for me to get that one re pocked. So my goal was to make about 380 to 400. Do you think this is possible?

How much power can a stock rebuilt engine handle with MPI & MS comp.?

It can handle alot of power just dont Rev up as much as you could with a built motor. I would not go more then 5700 if it was me on a stock motor. Unless you dont mine needing to do it later on.

It can handle alot of power just dont Rev up as much as you could with a built motor. I would not go more then 5700 if it was me on a stock motor. Unless you dont mine needing to do it later on.

your turbo will be the limiter. You need to go t3 or t4 or a combo of the 2 to get in that range. With a smaller mitsu turbo you won't have the volume and cool air you need to make that power. Don't get me wrong it will be fast but unless you use juice I don't think you can expect 350 400 true whp on a 25g.

your turbo will be the limiter. You need to go t3 or t4 or a combo of the 2 to get in that range. With a smaller mitsu turbo you won't have the volume and cool air you need to make that power. Don't get me wrong it will be fast but unless you use juice I don't think you can expect 350 400 true whp on a 25g.

Yeah I would say 5500rpm’s is going to be my limit. The bot. is in ok shape with a somewhat full re build I say somewhat because there’s a few minor scratches and my wallet wouldn’t permit me to fix them. So I just put new bearings, oil pump, water pump, reused rings that are in good shape from a previous rebuild. All new gaskets, head gasket, ARP head studs and so on. As for turbo, its not small…the front housing is a 70AR, the rear housing is a 63AR. It was a gift so I have to get it sized to be 100% but I know its not small. I was told it should be able to handle over 400….so we’ll see.