fine tuneing megatune

I have a Hurricane/megatune & turbonetics 60-1 setup. The car with the basic program runs ok here in southern oregon. FIP has been more than helpful. I think I need someone with experience that lives in a more similar climate. The temperature and humidity can turn my car from friendly to Frankenstein daily?!? The 2 reputable speed shops in Northern Oregon wont touch Megatune! So I am asking Kelly, Chad or anyone over here for help with fine tuneing my monster! Thanks.

If you can read and have a laptop you can tune your EFI. FIP used megasquirt, hence megatune, so go to the megasquirt site and begin reading the megamanual. Look in the pinned "Megasquirt Maps and Tables" in the MPI forum and you're halfway there. Download Megalogviewer to help process your VE settings and spend about 6 hours driving and tuning and you'll have it. I just drove my 1986 Bronco II running MS-II over 5000 miles from Houston to Canada and back and there are no temperature or humidity issues.

Scott

The temp and humidity should not really affect anything, as I installed hurricane MPI in my car in Arizona originally and had the car transported to florida where it did exactly as in Arizona. You have to tune your car and that means lots of driving time in your case since your speedshops are retarded and do not know that Megasquirt-Megatune is becoming a very big name in standalones.

I drove my car for about 300 miles to get a good overall tune. MAKE SURE TO GET A WIDEBAND O2..that is your ticket to tuning without going to the dyno.

Do exactly as scott mentioned above. You have to connect the wideband O2 to the fuel computer and make sure that in the megatune settings you choose the right wideband in order for the datalog to be useful. Once you have everything working, datalog a few pull sessions (make sure to start rich in the high boost areas of the map so that you dont detonate, and then adjust the VE according to the datalog)

The temp and humidity should not really affect anything, as I installed hurricane MPI in my car in Arizona originally and had the car transported to florida where it did exactly as in Arizona. You have to tune your car and that means lots of driving time in your case since your speedshops are retarded and do not know that Megasquirt-Megatune is becoming a very big name in standalones.

I drove my car for about 300 miles to get a good overall tune. MAKE SURE TO GET A WIDEBAND O2..that is your ticket to tuning without going to the dyno.

Do exactly as scott mentioned above. You have to connect the wideband O2 to the fuel computer and make sure that in the megatune settings you choose the right wideband in order for the datalog to be useful. Once you have everything working, datalog a few pull sessions (make sure to start rich in the high boost areas of the map so that you dont detonate, and then adjust the VE according to the datalog)

I HAVE THE AEM WIDEBAND AND HAVE DONE ALOT OF OPEN ROAD TUNEING...IT WAS ALL S%#$! AND GIGGLES UNTIL MY INEXPERIENCE CAME THROUGH AND NOW MY RACE BLOCK IS BACK AT THE MACHINE SHOP.....THATS THE REAL STORY.