ok its time for a new one..

19cturbo

when i turned the boost up to 15 my centerforce clutch started slipping today,..

should i get a SPEC or ACT

stage 3 for sure.

should i get a HEAVY DUTY pressure plate or an EXTREME..

thanks in advace..

Hmm - I love my ACT HD - only just be ready to replace the master cylinder and slave - really firm compared to the SPEC Stage 2

what disc did you get, and how much boost your running, im leaning more toward a spec stage 3..

this one to be exact

http://www.lmperformance.com/14189/93.html

its alot cheaper that the act as well..

anyone else running a spec stage three with some feed back..

Edited by 19cturbo

also what is the difference in a clutch for an 87 and a clutch for an 88-89.. 87 is 225 and the 88-89 is 240 correct?

how can i tell if mine is a 240 or 225..

thanks mike

Unfortunately thats the million dollar question. If the car is factory, the 87 'should' have a 225. If it was me, I would buy a junkyard flywheel (I got mine for 35 bucks) and replace the center bearing, get it resurfaced, and order a 240mm clutch kit. Dont forget the dowel that goes between the crank and flywheel, I dont think they came in the cars before 87 but you need them.

my flywheel that is in the car i know form the previous owner that it is lightened, it weighs like 22 pounds or something.. i dont want to get rid of it, im assuming that if the guy who had it lightened and put a centerforce in it was smart enough to upgrade to a 240, but i just read form pq that you can measure the dowel pin on the edge,

"IDing which FW you have.......225mm or 240mm.

On a 240mm......the dowels will be 10mm from the edge of the FW. "

so i will find out when i remove the tranny..

thanks for your input

well - I have a organic sprung hub disc - a green one from clutch net ( so more or less a stocker )

I WAS running 20lbs on a S16G with wisecos, marnal head with cam and such and it held up fine ( the engine didnt lol )

now its stock engine, 12a @ 10psi

I ran a stg 4 Competition Clutch, 6-puck sprung on my starion with a 19c running 18-20lbs (330+rwtq) beating the absolute s*** out of it (clutch kicks, autox, drifting) and it held great, and the kicker, the pedel felt great, I DAILY DROVE the car in traffic with no problems... the only reason I am no longer running it is I am now 4g powrd! :) Edited by batdude8

I run a stage 3 spec clutch with a lightened 240mm flywheel.

I run a 17c @18 psi and make probably around 300hp and 400 tqe

Mine has about 600 miles on it and grabs great and the pedal isn't too tough at all.

My last 87 had a 240mm fidanza and a HD ACT and a heavy duty 6 puck sprung disc and i prefer my Spec over the ACT.

well i think im leaning more toward the competition now, the stage 4 6 puck is cheaper and it should hold what i have very easily..

I was using an ACT Extreme 6 puck and had no problems at 380lbs of torque. I am currently doing a V8 swap and won't be needing my clutch. I will sell you the the pressure plate but I would replace the disc. I also have a Fidanza flywheel that weighs 10.5 lbs.

PM me if your interested.

I just burned mine at the track last night so Now I too have to look for one. I had a spec stage 2 a while ago but I didn't like the fact I had no pedal travel. It would engage like .5 inches off the floor. The adjustment rod was out as far as it would go. Can someone post a link for the stage 4 competiton clutch? Edited by Quest4life