Thinking about selling my Orange Crush!

starquest34

Hey guys! I'm thinking about sellling my Orange Crush. It's an 88 custom paint, cowl hood, with black cloth interior. It's got a new stereo with new speakers.Re- manufactured ADK engine with stock turbo and stock exhaust, hard pipes with powdercoated valve cover, short throw shifter, side louvers. I also have 4 factory mud flaps for it. This car has been in one MOPAR magazine. HAS POLISHED 9 INCH REAR 7 INCH FRONT RIMS. What do you guys think I should ask for it? Thanks for your help! Tony

post-5844-1217176710_thumb.jpg

post-5844-1217176809_thumb.jpg

as much as you can..lol

i like it...nice!!

THANKS ALOT , I HAVE TOO MANY TOYS

My professional opinion is that, although the car appears to be in great shape and it's got newer/stuff - anything replaced counts as a loss for the seller. Say the car would be worth $3,000 right now bone stock in mint condition. Well all your $10,000 in mods means nothing other than the buyer is getting a better looking / hopefully better running car for $3,000.

Any money you put into a vehicle is not an investment, rather an expense and should be considered as such. Wanting a a certain price, and getting a certain price are two different things.

With that being said, and myself having put a couple hundred thousand dollars into my automobiles and losing mostly all of it when I get bored with the cars and sell them - I'd say ask $4,000 or best offer because unless you find a well off young buyer with money burning a hole in their pocket that cars going to take for ever to sell for any more than 4K or best.

Listing the vehicle on places where buyers have funds ready is helpful, such as ebay. I know it sucks to pay ebay fees, and people want to pay less on there but if you are going to find the right buyer for your masterpiece - you need a huge audience.

Good luck with the sale!

I agree mostly with what you said....Thats any vehicle....had plenty of experiances with mustang that way..putting money into them, have a hard time selling it then end up giving it away...its just the name of the game...

I agree mostly with what you said....Thats any vehicle....had plenty of experiances with mustang that way..putting money into them, have a hard time selling it then end up giving it away...its just the name of the game...

A lot of what Widebody said was echoed by a mod in another forum I belong to. When you put a lot of time & money into a car, you always expect others to appreciate it when you go to sell it. What is one mans meat is another's poison, so the roll cage you fabricated and would cost several thousand to replace is an inconvenience to someone else that sees it as being in the way to get in & out.

You'd probably do better on Autotrader or Ebay, as you'll find a wider audience to find that right/unique buyer, albeit at the expense/trouble of having to relist when the winning bidder doesn't pay.

Finally one in this part of the USA! BTW, does the AC work? :)

Edited by Starquester_0224

Wait a year so I can save up the money to buy it. You are going to kick yourself later for selling it....

Hey go ahead and say your money and when you get ready I will have something for you...I have 31 more cars here and I can make it any color you choose...They call them skittles because of all of the colors I have had done... Look at my album and it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.... My "baby" is my

quest powered plymouth arrow....All others are just icing on the cake... I would love for you to have one anytime.... Thanks for replying...Tony

A lot of what Widebody said was echoed by a mod in another forum I belong to. When you put a lot of time & money into a car, you always expect others to appreciate it when you go to sell it. What is one mans meat is another's poison, so the roll cage you fabricated and would cost several thousand to replace is an inconvenience to someone else that ses it as being in the way to get in & out.

You'd probably do better on Autotrader or Ebay, as you'll find a wider audience to find that right/unique buyer, albeit at the expense/trouble of having to relist when the winning bidder doesn't pay.

Finally one in this part of the USA! BTW, does the AC work? :)

You're right of course but I figured with all the fans of quests I could find someone else to appreciate it as well... I'm in no big hurry to sell but the AC does work so maybe that would help out... I'm really only sellingnso that I can get money to invest in my arrow! P.S....MPI setup! Thanks, Tony!

31 in stock eh? Maybe you can check inventory :). Here is what I'm looking for:

Exterior: Blue-Yellow-White-Red

Interior: Black

Must have: Working AC, sunroof, 5 speed, widebody

Must not have: Rust- body panels, rails

Synopsis: Looking for a running mostly stock Starquest. Can do some repairs, but have a lot of projects already & really need a driver at this point. On the other end of the scale I'm not looking for a car to show.

Edited by Starquester_0224

You're right of course but I figured with all the fans of quests I could find someone else to appreciate it as well... I'm in no big hurry to sell but the AC does work so maybe that would help out... I'm really only sellingnso that I can get money to invest in my arrow! P.S....MPI setup! Thanks, Tony!

Hence my price suggestion.... I love that car! Now only if I had monies.

Hey go ahead and say your money and when you get ready I will have something for you...I have 31 more cars here and I can make it any color you choose...They call them skittles because of all of the colors I have had done... Look at my album and it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.... My "baby" is my

quest powered plymouth arrow....All others are just icing on the cake... I would love for you to have one anytime.... Thanks for replying...Tony

I'll talk to you in a year! Nice collection! I'm not partial to green, but it is incredible looking on the Quest! I'll take Fiji Blue, please....

Edited by autotr8er2

I'll take a green one or the orange onee or any other color as long as it is in running condition. Should be getting my 4 years of Army Combat Related Special Compensation and retired pay within the next 6months. If you have a yellow oneto mach my 04 Millenium Yellow Vette would be cool as well.

Hey guys! After much wisdom from you guys I've decided that $5,500.00 takes my orange crush!!! My next one is going to be plum crazy purple... I painted one plum crazy before and it's totally hot!