stright axle conquest conversion to hit high 10's 1/4mile

Go with a Mitsu solid Axle from a mid-late 90's montero. They are damn near bullet proof, low geared, disk braked, and come with either an air locker or an LSD. You'd have to get around the six lug but a 9.5" rear end isn't something to scoff at.

Watch out for the Explorer rear end. They came with LSD and disks, but I've broken two in stock trucks.

Kane

Edited by MainstreaM

i believe the stock rear will get you in the 10's...and if you wanna go faster just go MoPaR 8 3/4 with two pigs with diff gear ratios (1 4 street and 1 4 track duty) and be done with it. might as well mate it to a TF 727 and aim for the 8's

ford 9" is too big unless you are running over 900hp. I've seen a rather simple straight axle conversion with leaf springs and toyota rear up at Atco NJ. I thinkt the 8.8 is the way to go if you must have a straigh axle. I think if you lower your launch rpm and forget about hanging the front wheels you will save much time an effort. Are you using the 88 89 rear, axles and hubs? The 6 bolt rather than 4 bolt hubs?

ford 9" is too big unless you are running over 900hp.

a stock ford 9" really isnt that strong. Until you start uprgrading internals. The housing is whats bulletproof, the stock axles, however, not so much. I still say dana. Or if you can afford it, 8-3/4. Danas the cheapest route as i said before. And probably the strongest with only a little modification.

I dont mind spending the moeny for gears locker and axles. It looks like i might be doing a ladder bar set up in order to keep the rear seat in my car. 4 link and back half would be the way to go but I want to keep my interior. not sure on what axle yet just trying to figure out the suspension stuff first