Anyone's car ever been vandalized.........?

im about to get my car fixed and back on the road soon, and i have work overnight so im gonna have to park my quest in the parking lot all night. these little moron kids walk around and break peoples windows and stuff like that all the time. The dude that works with me someone broke his window out for no reason. i'll be pissed!! Anyways, idk, share your experiences i guess...

-Broken

You can get a proximity sensor for your car alarm... it's pretty awesome, you can slowly creep up to the car and it'll give you a warning beep no matter how quiet you are. Three warnings and the alarm goes off. Got one back in the day, a Clifford(now owned by DEI) 700-IQ.

Do a stakeout in your parking lot... catch the kids and teach them a lesson... and then call the cops.

-Robert

yeah i was thinkin of that one alarm that has a thingy you can keep on your keychain, cuz ill drop whatever im doing and run through the window ya know what im sayin?

lol -Broken

Oh yeah... 2 way pager would be sweet. Keep a baseball bat near the door.

At one workplace I was at, co workers used to watch out for each others cars looking out the window and if we saw someone suspicious we'd notify other co workers and we'd all stand outside watching.

-Robert

Buy a cheap airsoft pistol that resembles a real gun, and when you see the kids outside walking near cars run out aiming the gun and talk like a maniac 'I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE MESSING WITH MY CAR. ARE YOU GUYS MESSING WITH MY CAR? I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO GO TO JAIL BUT I WILL IF IT MEANS PROTECTING MY CAR' Talk crazy, act crazy, start breathing heavy, make them think you really will shoot them ;P

If you play it good enough the first time then they definitly won't fool with you in the future.

Lock your car down all the way even put a boot on it you never know when the big boys are comming to mess with your car and when they do they might be packin heat-sometimes the beeper gets people in trouble. As far as the young dks vandalizing, you

might could set up some camera system to catch them in the act. It could escalate so be careful!

Edited by macrophage

Buy a cheap airsoft pistol that resembles a real gun, and when you see the kids outside walking near cars run out aiming the gun and talk like a maniac 'I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE MESSING WITH MY CAR. ARE YOU GUYS MESSING WITH MY CAR? I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO GO TO JAIL BUT I WILL IF IT MEANS PROTECTING MY CAR' Talk crazy, act crazy, start breathing heavy, make them think you really will shoot them ;P

If you play it good enough the first time then they definitly won't fool with you in the future.

LMAO leave it to the rare care owner to goto the extreme hahah.

ya i would totally get the 2-way pager system.

my pontiac was vandalized once...by my now ex wife if that counts? lol.

and someone tried to pop my door at wal-mart, have a nice piece of paint missing.

But if u have to leave it in a parking lot, i would say park it well in the open, all by its lonesome, very well lit area. And def get vandalism and theft insurance. I think that our cars our very different and exotic looking, and people generally love to see them. that def makes them stick out for those bad eggs out there. I have known a few people who have their SQ's stolen/vandalized....

who was that one guy on the boards, he had a fiji SQ...i remember someone stole it, and stole a bunch of parts off his car...i wanted to go help him find it lol.

PS get lo-jack. I had it on my bimmer and i slept so good at night haha.

i heard these cars get stolen alot. Theres cameras in the parking lot, but the kids are dumb and dont care. once i find out itll have already been done and the kids would be gone......what are the cops gonna do? nothing. unless your the one gettin in trouble. Wonder how much i can get that pager thingy for? anyone know of a good place to look for these? and whats up with theft and vandalism insurance? how much? im not sure. i would stake out but i work at nights.

-Broken

goto a good local stereo install place. it should not cost you more than 200 for the pager and a decent alarm system, including install. Plus they will give you a warranty on labor and parts generally. Its just better that way i think than buying it and installing yourself. Its better to have someone else responsible if it breaks =)

and if it does get vandalized and they get caught, you would atleast know they will be the ones billed for damages.

and if you have insurance that covers it vandalism, you can get if fixed pretty quickly, plus you'll get paid from the vandals. And your insurance should be a hair cheaper because you have a theft deterent system installed.

but our cars might be listed with that already because we have a factory alarm system

Edited by spoolinturbo

IMHO

dont waste your money on an alarm, especially any fancy perimeter setup, eventually you will have so many false alarms that you will start ignoring it and car alarms are so played out now that people on the street dont even glance over when they go off anymore. About the only thing you can do is install a hidden kill switch, it may not prevent any vandalism, but it will most likely keep them from taking your car.

damn chip, someone must have really hated you. it looks like an inside job........the only reaction to somthin like that is for your heart to drop. i would take your advice, but only problem is, i dont have a garage. I know it really sucks and is pretty lame, but i hope to have one oneday. Since the quest is my daily driver, it has to be in harms way unfortunately sometimes. Like john travolta says on pulp fiction....and im sure you think the same thing...."It'd been worth him doin it.....just so you could have caught him doin it." lol. sucks dude, hope your car got fixed. i love that car.

Well, there's my gas-jack thread, and about a year or two ago I had my A4 busted into and my radar detector was stolen.

If both cases, I can't say I've ever felt scared or violated. Pissed off? Hell yeah.

My car got egged about two days ago and about 2 years back my 86 got flowered too... both sitting in my driveway.... these cars attract attention good and bad.....

wel,, im scared mostly that someone will like, kick a dent in my car....break a window....flatten my expensive tires....key it....ect. What kind of 'man' messes with a car like this? omg. i hope i dont catch whoever does it. After all, whats any insurance company gonna do? how can they compensate for an irreplacable work of art?

damn chip, someone must have really hated you. it looks like an inside job........the only reaction to somthin like that is for your heart to drop. i would take your advice, but only problem is, i dont have a garage. I know it really sucks and is pretty lame, but i hope to have one oneday. Since the quest is my daily driver, it has to be in harms way unfortunately sometimes. Like john travolta says on pulp fiction....and im sure you think the same thing...."It'd been worth him doin it.....just so you could have caught him doin it." lol. sucks dude, hope your car got fixed. i love that car.

I guess it might have been but I was in the movie theater with my girlfriend at the time and we had just moved to the town where it happened so I didn't really know anyone. I think it was just some south texas punk teen who had gotten his a$$ handed to him by my car in the previous few days and he didn't like it. That was also right after the original paint went on so the thing just glowed. The whole car was as perfect as this picture, straight, dent free, rust free, scratch free, whatever http://geocities.com/chip_lee_iii/zorch.html

hey though man, it could have been alot worse....they could have like....really damaged stuff and stuff. i bet you were pretty pissed. i would just stare at it for like 20 minutes dumbfounded. I gonna go to Walmart or somethin, and purchase me a nice new baseball bat to keep in my trunk for these occations. but they always run and you never know who did it. Idk how someone could do that to this car. i love this car. (i think its the tan leather SHP seats) you bring it out of the garage for a few minutes....and some d**kless piece of crap messes with it. its really a shame. sorry about that.

hey though man, it could have been alot worse....they could have like....really damaged stuff and stuff. i bet you were pretty pissed. i would just stare at it for like 20 minutes dumbfounded. I gonna go to Walmart or somethin, and purchase me a nice new baseball bat to keep in my trunk for these occations. but they always run and you never know who did it. Idk how someone could do that to this car. i love this car. (i think its the tan leather SHP seats) you bring it out of the garage for a few minutes....and some d**kless piece of crap messes with it. its really a shame. sorry about that.

yeah they dragged the key across the top of the fender too so it was about $1200 to repair and insurance covered it. But yeah you're right, they could have done both doors and quarters and the roof too. I had a parking lot dent fixed on the passenger door at the same time. The car's back in for touch up paint a third time right now actually. The night this happened I didn't notice until I got the car home but when I did notice I flew back over to the parking lot and called the police. I made the cop dust the thing for prints just in case they had pulled anything from any other local minor crime scenes that happened to match. The car was all shined up that night so you could see where the creep had rested their hand on it while they dug into the paint. I was pretty pissed. We parked it there once a week for months and hid out in another car in the parking lot to watch and see if anyone re-attacked. That was a huge waste of time really.

I've always thought about installing video cams in my car, recording on a carputer. It'd work good in court for traffic tickets, for those times when the police weren't following the rules... or work against me, but I wouldn't show those videos.

-Robert

We parked it there once a week for months and hid out in another car in the parking lot to watch and see if anyone re-attacked.

Now your talkin! thats what id do anyway. I bet you were pondering what your gonna have to do to this/these person(s) if you caught them doin anything the entire time you sat there. Also, i always thought this:

If i were to get say full coverage on my car, and someone just hit it but it was fixable and i report it. Couldnt your insurance company total the car because fixing it will cost more than its worth.

I dont understand that. I need to figure out which insurance i should get with that in mind. I'm gonna have to get some type of vandalism insurance just so im not so paranoid at work and keep checking the parking lot. because i will do that.