83 Hood

NorcalTsi

I have two 83 Hoods for sale. They are both in good condition with no rust. The red hood is completely stock with no dings. The paint is in decent condition and could be polished & put on a running car.

The black hood is in good condition compared to many of the hoods I've seen for sale. It does have two small dings but can be fixed easy. The center scoop has been modded and is now functional.

More pics posted soon. I also have pictures of the black hood.

Asking $500 firm (AS IS)

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/purehp/89Starion-Mine2.jpg

In the picture the hood is just dirty.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/purehp/86-89StarquestParts010-1.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/purehp/83Starquesthood3jpg.jpg

Edited by NorcalTsi

I always get mixed comments from everyone when 83 hoods are posted. Honestly prior to posting I searched the forum to get a feel of the market price. I've personally have sold two hoods for 500 and that was 2 years ago. I've also seen many sell for 500 on this forum. I've also seen many sell well below my asking price. I respect what everyone says so dont get me wrong. I've come to the conclusion if someone really wants a original 83 hood they will pay the sellers asking price. Both of these hoods are rust free and not all dented up so in the condition they are in Im asking full market value.

Pms have been sent. Thanks for all your feedback.

Edited by NorcalTsi

Yes, I was the person who bought Adrians hood. Here are a few pics of the black hood. I bought the hood as is.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/purehp/VariousForsale-July08028.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/purehp/VariousForsale-July08036.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/purehp/VariousForsale-July08032.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/purehp/VariousForsale-July08030.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/purehp/VariousForsale-July08037.jpg

Just my 2 cents seeing as every else has commented on the asking price of these hoods...

$500 is the going rate for an original equipment 83' hood...they fit and look like they belong on these cars. If you want to go buy a carbon fiber "look-a-like" that does NOT fit like the original hood with mock-vents, then go ahead...nobody is stopping you. But don't compare them to the stock original parts...and please don't berate this guy for asking market value on a truly rare "original" part.

And...just to be PC I'm not knocking MK1 and his CF hood either...they're cool as hell...I personally don't care for the 83' hood look.

Edited by jonesh242

Is the hood still avilable? Are you willing to ship? I will pay your asking price, but you gotta ship it. I have recieved other hoods and have a good idea what the shipping cost should be. Suggest DHL or FedEx at the hub facility if you can. Thanks.

Is the hood still avilable? Are you willing to ship? I will pay your asking price, but you gotta ship it. I have recieved other hoods and have a good idea what the shipping cost should be. Suggest DHL or FedEx at the hub facility if you can. Thanks.

First of all I don't know you so don't start talking trash. I don't know who Adrian is (as I paid his brother for the hood) Neither did I have the knowledge of his tough times as Im not a mind reader. I bought the hood because It was a good price with no intentions of selling it. If I didn't need the money I wouldn't even consider selling the hoods. I'm forced to sell the hoods just as he sold it to me when he was in need of money.

As for the increase in price Im selling them at market value based on the condition of the hoods.

whats bs is this guy bought the black hood for under $300, all he is trying to do is prophit off of other peoples (adrian) hard times

Buy low...sell high! That's the oldest/simplest method of making money known. Good for him. Maybe someone shouldn't have sold the hood for so little...$300...I would have bought it and sold it as well.

Norcal,

I will assume you are not refering to me in your reply about talking trash, seems obvious you are not, I just want to make sure. Not my thing...all the sqawbilling and such.

I must admitt though, I found it interesting that you did not reply to my request about availability or shipping, but responded to the other post which only seemed to be concerned with how much money you spent on the hood, versus how you are asking, and not me (aka, "the potential buyer") attempting to put money in your pocket.

Since this is a forum for selling parts and such, I am (was) seeking to purchase one of hte hoods from you, and honestly don't care how much you paid for it, since it really is none of my business. Like I said, not my thing with all the trash talk and such, just trying to keep my conquest on the road (with this forums help) and looking good. I hope all that read this feel the same. All have a great day.

Norcal,

I will assume you are not refering to me in your reply about talking trash, seems obvious you are not, I just want to make sure. Not my thing...all the sqawbilling and such.

I must admitt though, I found it interesting that you did not reply to my request about availability or shipping, but responded to the other post which only seemed to be concerned with how much money you spent on the hood, versus how you are asking, and not me (aka, "the potential buyer") attempting to put money in your pocket.

Since this is a forum for selling parts and such, I am (was) seeking to purchase one of hte hoods from you, and honestly don't care how much you paid for it, since it really is none of my business. Like I said, not my thing with all the trash talk and such, just trying to keep my conquest on the road (with this forums help) and looking good. I hope all that read this feel the same. All have a great day.

"Vnomous1" No I don't mean you. To everyone who has requested a shipping quote Im sorry I have not replied as Im trying to find a box that will fit the hood so I can get an accurate shipping quote.

I hope to have quote for eveyone later today.

"Vnomous1" No I don't mean you. To everyone who has requested a shipping quote Im sorry I have not replied as Im trying to find a box that will fit the hood so I can get an accurate shipping quote.

I hope to have quote for eveyone later today.

Finding a box to ship 83' hoods is tough...the last 83' hood I shipped, *DM helped me make a box from old (large) TV box. We used atleast one complete roll of box tape and extra sheets of cardboard to make sure that there were no weak points in the box. It took alteast an hour (if not two) to package the thing correctly. Then we had to air freight it...i think greyhound may have some better rates, but nothing is cheap...figure atleast $80-$100 in raw materials/time/freight costs.

It's such a hastle to do now that I refuse to ship any hood.

Best of luck to you.

John

Finding a box to ship 83' hoods is tough...the last 83' hood I shipped, *DM helped me make a box from old (large) TV box. We used atleast one complete roll of box tape and extra sheets of cardboard to make sure that there were no weak points in the box. It took alteast an hour (if not two) to package the thing correctly. Then we had to air freight it...i think greyhound may have some better rates, but nothing is cheap...figure atleast $80-$100 in raw materials/time/freight costs.

It's such a hastle to do now that I refuse to ship any hood.

Best of luck to you.

John

You were right. Yesterday I searched for shipping quotes and your correct. Around $100+. Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup: