SHOCKS/STRUTS

are Monroe shocks still makeing something for us? and some other comapany i forgot about.

My question is who still makes em. list all companies you know of 100%.

and are they bad? good? softer? stiffer? just wanna know what i can.

thanx, Mark NY

are Monroe shocks still makeing something for us? and some other comapany i forgot about.

My question is who still makes em. list all companies you know of 100%.

and are they bad? good? softer? stiffer? just wanna know what i can.

thanx, Mark NY

i have rear monroes and they are too soft my fronts a KYBs and they are much firmer

kool so they are still availible at alot of places. thats good to know. too bad theno long make KYBs.

does anyone have a good coil over that they liked and is streetable? i hear a lot of them at kidney beaters. :chair:

I'm still waiting on my left rear side from advance auto and carquest. Which ever one gets it first. When I called carquest last week. They said they could not find the right rear but only the left side one.

GR-2 may be called Excel-G on some applications. From Kyb's website.

Edited by Jsmitty

I had the same problem when I ordered my GR2's from Summit. They told me the right rear was discontinued but the left rear was still available. Also My front cartridges say Excel-G on them but the rears are GR-2?

Rockauto I think may still have a couple left rear struts. Biggest thing is calling companies and patience. I had to go through 3 different companies before I finally got my struts to me. What gets me is Carquests part number for the left rear is 1914415 but the part number on the strut itself starts with a 3 ------- when I went to research the number on that strut I came up with nothing.

God this is a frustrating problem...

I ordered KYB-s years ago, had them on the shelf, went to install, Wrong Upper Nut (the one that goes into the cart housing and secures the insert (it was too small in diameter to engage the threads..)

so I go to Autozone, express order a replacement gabriel set (even though the picture clearly shows the Acorn and Upper Nut (retaining nut)), the boxes arrived. I open them in the store. Both have only the strut cart but no hardware..

Now Im on my third order. Ordered from Rock Auto 'Again' Guess it will get here monday fed x. Hope its complete with the right Hardware! (Arrrgh!)

FWIW I am trying to contact KYB to see If i can get them to send me replacement Gland nuts (for free) as I have two sets of the KYB inserts and the nuts were incorrect.

Crappy crap crap I just got a response from KYB about the gland nuts!

"What is the inside diameter of your housing where the gland nut screws

into?"

Does anyone have the diameter (inside) for the 88-89 non adjustable front strut housing?

If someone has access to measurements for the pre 87, the 87-89 non adjustable,and the adjustable inside diameters for the strut housings?