2" extended FG/CF Spoiler GB

cali

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the spoiler today from Leopore and i will be taking it get an estimate on pricing either tomorrow or tuesday!

as far as the body kit personally not my style but if there are enough people who would want that i'm sure it can be done.

I used to have a supra air dam molded to the stock front bumper and i loved it except the breaking it every other week thing. If you drive anywhere but smooth pavement you would shatter a piece like the RX-7 front end all the time. Just my $.02

Interested to see the rear piece though!

ok guys i dropped off the spoiler today but the guy wasn't there...so i'll swing by tomorrow morning and talk to him.

i'm wondering how these parts would attach to the car itself, as these parts would be hollow...any ideas?

I'm still confused about if we are talking about the front air dam or the rear 3 piece spoiler.

Many of the last posts are referring to the front air dam, but the GP that was canceled was for the rear 3 piece spoiler

If we are talking about the rear spoiler, there should be attachment bolts or embedded nuts along with some flat areas for double sided tape.

If we are talking about the front air dam, there is a tab along the top that bolts to the bumper and fenders.

went over there today and finally talked to the guy...couple concerns, mainly, since the parts are flexable if they are slighty flexed at all when making the mold the parts will not conform to the body of the car perfectly and also trying to figure out the mounting for the bolts.

he said he'll work those issues out and get back to me with a price asap but i just wanted to let you know where we stand for now.

went over there today and finally talked to the guy...couple concerns, mainly, since the parts are flexable if they are slighty flexed at all when making the mold the parts will not conform to the body of the car perfectly and also trying to figure out the mounting for the bolts.

he said he'll work those issues out and get back to me with a price asap but i just wanted to let you know where we stand for now.

Sounds good, keep us posted. :character0269:

I hope the guy will be able to work out those issues......

I wonder if there's a way to put something over the pieces you gave him to keep them stiff :confused0024: .

The mold's gonna be as good as the pieces you gave him.

If the fiberglass is thick enough, it could be sanded later to the right shape, but you probably want to avoid the extra work......... :confused0024:

Zack

Sounds good, keep us posted. :character0269:

I hope the guy will be able to work out those issues......

I wonder if there's a way to put something over the pieces you gave him to keep them stiff :confused0024: .

The mold's gonna be as good as the pieces you gave him.

If the fiberglass is thick enough, it could be sanded later to the right shape, but you probably want to avoid the extra work......... :confused0024:

Zack

with the fiberglass ones if there's a slight gap that could easily be fixed but i'm more concerned with the carbon ones.

as a reminder, these will be extended 2 inches.

i'll keep you guys posted.

Edited by cali

If you ever move into reproducing the front air dam then I would be interested as well. I do like the body kit as well. It gives the car a lower look without actually lowering it. I have 19in Volk SF challengers on my car so I can not lower it at all. Keep me in mind if you do move into that project. A material that wouldn't break as easy would be nice to. Thanks I really appreciate it when people go the extra mile to to do cool things for our cars seeing as most of the big dealers won't

ok guys i got pricing...unfortunately, it is higher than the original group buy but keep in mind these prices only require a minimum order of 10 buyers AND cover the cost of extending the spoiler, mold, etc...

so, for the 2" extended spoiler:

fiberglass=350

Carbon= 500

i would require a deposit of half to get this started once we reach a minimum of 10 buyers.

let me know guys!

Cali,

will the spoiler come with the deleted wiper and antenna also will the 3rd brake light be the same as stock? will the

price go down if more than 10 orders? there were 16 payed deposits with a total of 46 interested members in the original GP.

B.

Edited by LEPORE

Good questions, LEPORE.

IMO, at $100 more than the original GP for the three-piece 2" extended rear FRP spoiler it should have a few more 'bells & whistles' than simply incorporating the OEM third brake light. Mookeeh/101Propose hit the nail on the head with the idea of incorporating a 15.6" long 3rd brake light with 60 LEDS and deleting the antenna & rear wiper.

What are your thoughts, Cali?

ok guys i got pricing...unfortunately, it is higher than the original group buy but keep in mind these prices only require a minimum order of 10 buyers AND cover the cost of extending the spoiler, mold, etc...

so, for the 2" extended spoiler:

fiberglass=350

Carbon= 500

i would require a deposit of half to get this started once we reach a minimum of 10 buyers.

let me know guys!

sorry, i did forget to mention it would include the deleted antenna and rear wiper.

if somebody can point me in the right direction as to where to find the LED lights for the 3rd brake light i'm sure that can be worked out.

i see no reason whatsoever why the price would'nt go down if we have a good number of dedicated buyers...those prices are a worse case scenario with minimal buyers.

Good questions, LEPORE.

IMO, at $100 more than the original GP for the three-piece 2" extended rear FRP spoiler it should have a few more 'bells & whistles' than simply incorporating the OEM third brake light. Mookeeh/101Propose hit the nail on the head with the idea of incorporating a 15.6" long 3rd brake light with 60 LEDS and deleting the antenna & rear wiper.

What are your thoughts, Cali?

As one of the original people planning to buy the Mookeeh spoiler, I'm still interested only if the spoiler would come with the LED third brake light, especially at that price.

Thanks for running around and trying to get this done!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Zack

I suggest you contact 101Propose and if needed, work out a deal with him regarding the LED lights.

It would probably benefit all those interested (including myself) if we knew how much a finished spoiler would cost relative to the # of GP participants in excess of 10 sales... ie, 20 FRP sales at $300, 30 FRP sales at $250, etc. The $$$ involved in creating the mold is a fixed cost whether the fiberglass guy builds one spoiler or 500 spoilers. Between that and the fact that his material cost per unit decreases with a bulk purchase of raw materials, the production cost per unit should drop with each unit made. That's all I got in me at 120am. GNight!

if somebody can point me in the right direction as to where to find the LED lights for the 3rd brake light i'm sure that can be worked out.

i see no reason whatsoever why the price would'nt go down if we have a good number of dedicated buyers...those prices are a worse case scenario with minimal buyers.

head count, who's in? just making list of potential buyers to see were we stand...

1. LEPORE.....CF

2. zactek....FRP

3. hdam....CF

4. Dan....FRP

5. csdisme....CF

6. tcroson....FRP

Edited by LEPORE

head count, who's in? just making list of potential buyers to see were we stand...

1. LEPORE.....CF

Well, I'm in for an FRP one depending on the final price and product fit/look (don't forget the shipping...)

I agree with Dan's (above)opinion.

Hopefully, the more people we get, the lower the price SHOULD be....

Just a thought, didn't 101Propose have a working prototype made? Doesn't that mean the mold is already done? Perhaps since he's not making them, that mold could be gotten from him? Hmmmm....

Zack

Well, I'm in for an FRP one depending on the final price and product fit/look (don't forget the shipping...)

I agree with Dan's (above)opinion.

Hopefully, the more people we get, the lower the price SHOULD be....

Just a thought, didn't 101Propose have a working prototype made? Doesn't that mean the mold is already done? Perhaps since he's not making them, that mold could be gotten from him? Hmmmm....

Zack

in the original GP cali did ask 101 if he was willing to sell his prototype (post#286). 101 did explane that he could not make the spoilers because the supplier raised the price on him and it was not cost effective for him to continue and that was with 16 paid deposits.

i am willing to fork out the cash to be the ginni pig for "fit & finish" i realy would like this GP to go thru.

Brian

I would be in for a CF one. I also would like to hear what the price would be for higher quantities. Also would like to be sure on the led light and the wiper and antenna info.

Thanks