BRAKE UPGRADE 3000GT vr4

Keep in mind Brembo's Evolution calipers are near identical to Nissan's Track-Package 350Z and its' cousins [G35] as well. I believe the same Brembo calipers on Subaru's STi are a close match as well.

Most performance car manufacturers have stuck to one design and modified the car for it to fit. Parts interchangeability FTW.

That being said, I may end up with Z32 front suspension on my Starion soon, so the 4-pots on those hubs will do me fine.

If it were me, I'd be looking at caliper selection based upon pad availability. Evolutions, STis, 350Zs, Z32s, etc, all have a large amount of pad choices.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that right? Interesting. Then again I wouldn't be surprised, the cars were produced at the same time, and both sourced their brake parts from Nissin. I suppose it's the same deal with '94-'95 Mustang Cobras and late-C4 Corvettes using the same caliper [i'm actually unsure of which Corvette caliper it is that interchanges, though I have a '94 Cobra in my garage right now with a caliper that plainly says "Corvette" on the passenger side, whereas the driver's side is identical, save for the "Cobra" badging].

IIRC Z32 4-pots are identical to the 3k VR4 4-pots, minus the nissan vs mitsu on the outside

You remember correctly Derek, they are the exact same dimensions and use the exact same pads. Only difference is that one says "MITSUBISHI" on it and the other says "NISSAN"

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10108/HPIM1858.JPG

Updates???? I have been waiting to hear some news on this before I do it. If it can be done without switching BB or MC I'm in. Calipers are not hard to come by. Also do stock lines work with these calipers???