Starions of Norcal-MOD 08 Cypress, CA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if i'll be caravaning down with everyone a of today, works killing it.. I'm working on it though.

Don't ever get stuck in a job that thinks your personal life does not matter. But if you really cant make it we will understand

oh im going for sure, i've got the day off, its getting off friday the issue, oh and sorry about the phone call scotty my phone just died without warning :character0269: Edited by BOOSTED88tsi

We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in cypress. Address is 5865 Katella Ave cypress 90630. We got a rate of $99 which is the cheapest we found that wasn't in the middle of the ghetto. It is two blocks from MOD and was also recommended by one of the event coordinators. Anyone who wants to stay at this hotel with us can get this same rate if you book by the 11th Or sooner as long as they don't sell out. Please let me know asap if you are planning on staying here so i can call the manager and let her know.

hey i wont be going with you guys.. but i wanna know if anyone has a spare side vent.. the one right next to the drivers door on the B-Pillar(outside that is) let me know.. and if you do bring it and give it to PETRA.. thanks guys..

i am gonna be staying at the hotel you mentioned in your post. is it $99 for two beds? a friend is riding shotty with me so we can just split the room

The hostess said that some rooms just have one king bed, but other rooms have a king bed and a pull out sofa which are still only $99. If you want the room with the bed and pull out sofa then you have to book sooner than the 11th if possible and make sure you tell them you are booking the room with both. If you dont tell them they will just place you in a room with one king bed.

Edited by Scotty Dont

MOD starts at 9 so I was thinking we could all meet at the Denny's on katella say 7:30 to eat breakfast, after we can do a parts swap if anyone has anything they want to sell. The address is 4232 Katella Ave, Los Alamitos, CA which is 4 miles from MOD. Let me know if your planning on coming to breakfast so that we can call ahead for a large party.

hey i wont be going with you guys.. but i wanna know if anyone has a spare side vent.. the one right next to the drivers door on the B-Pillar(outside that is) let me know.. and if you do bring it and give it to PETRA.. thanks guys..

Anybody get to read this. Need some help. Been 7 lazy months watching my ride sit. Motor just went to the shop getting my crank regrouns and put back together. I need that vent to make her look pretty again.

I miss driving my car =( LOL

Anybody get to read this. Need some help. Been 7 lazy months watching my ride sit. Motor just went to the shop getting my crank regrouns and put back together. I need that vent to make her look pretty again.

I miss driving my car =( LOL

got nothin man, sorry.

i will be meeting with jason (boosted88tsi) at his house (A on the map) heading down 680 and meeting with the others at 1630 Story Rd, San Jose, CA by 4pm (B on the map [Tropicana Foods Bakery & Hot Deli]) next heading down the 101 to 68 to meet with Patra by 5:30pm at 545 Work St, Salinas, CA 93901 (C on the map [a hotel]) then on to cypress ariving around mid night fiquring food, gas, restroom breaks, traffic,etc

is this still correct? I know were meeting at the park and ride, but as far as the san jose info is, is hat still correct? My dsm friend is going to meet us in san jose and wants to make sure thats right. I'm still unsure of which car I will be taking, since somehow its as if the MOD gods blessed me. All three of my cars look like they will be running by the 18th. Two of them already are.

Scotty, what do you need? I could potencially let you borrow parts/ help you out. Unless your motor blew or something. Lets get your s*** running so you can come too.

is this still correct? I know were meeting at the park and ride, but as far as the san jose info is, is hat still correct? My dsm friend is going to meet us in san jose and wants to make sure thats right. I'm still unsure of which car I will be taking, since somehow its as if the MOD gods blessed me. All three of my cars look like they will be running by the 18th. Two of them already are.

Scotty, what do you need? I could potencially let you borrow parts/ help you out. Unless your motor blew or something. Lets get your s*** running so you can come too.

trany is grinding still, engine began to knock and the injectors are leaking plus i have only 1 day off this week so no time to fix anything

trany is grinding still, engine began to knock and the injectors are leaking plus i have only 1 day off this week so no time to fix anything

that sucks. what are you using to datalog the knocking? or is it audible?

so thats not too terribly bad then, as long as you caught it rather quickly and didn't drive it afterwords you should be fine. Do you have a timing gun? Does it sound like a pure pinging sound or does it sound more like a ticking sound? If its a ticking sound it could possibly be your distributor being grounded and your car misfiring. Most likely it sounds like you know what your doing though

if this is the case than I believe me and my friends will just take the 5 on the way down. Its a good 80 miles shorter. I'll probably end up meeting up in dublin and set off from there. Let me know if you still want to come then.