87 Red TSI for what?

naughty_auty

So In reading about this fine ride

http://ww2.collectorcartrader.com/details.php?adId=90259320

Yes I know their is a thread about it. I found this add and hurt myself laughing :character0032:

http://boise.craigslist.org/car/654714113.html

What the I love my starquests and would love it if they were worth more but thier not. Sorry there are to many better cars out there.

And by better I mean better support, reliability, parts, performance versus cost.

I feel these are the main reason our cars just don't command the money we should get for them.

Yeah, the blue car could probably get close to it's asking price but the red one seems a bit high. For one thing, it's been repainted. Unless the owner has a fully documented paint restore book with before and after pics, you don't know what could be under that paint, no matter how nice it looks. Also the 88's and 89's will bring more money as they had the last of the good upgrades, eg. - larger axles, nicer interior IMO, engine management advances, etc. The blue Quest also has the SHP package along with low mileage which will fetch a premium (but maybe so does the red??). I think it's going to take a while but original paint with little to no rust, low mileage and later examples will one day bring some decent money. But with that, 3rd gen RX-7s, 4 gen Supras, etc. will always bring much more. No matter what, the Mits engineers decided to go with recirculating ball steering and a 2 injector wet manifold. If our cars had rack and pinion and a normal 4 injector set-up from day one, I think we'd be up there with the major players.

Who on this planet would offer a 7yr/100K mile warranty on a 21 year old car??? The 13K isnt sounding like a bad price afterall.

You can get a warrantee on just about anything sold at a dealer....the catch is on what they will and will not cover. You would be amazed at the ammount of loopholes in all of the aftermarket waranties.