Help!! Valve Cover Wont Seal

put a very thin layer of RTV back there around the gasker

I need HELP!!! I can't get my valve cover to seal on my new head...its an alabama cylinder head i bought for it and i cant get the rear part to seal...i have arp head studs and everything else is stock. please help

I need HELP!!! I can't get my valve cover to seal on my new head...its an alabama cylinder head i bought for it and i cant get the rear part to seal...i have arp head studs and everything else is stock. please help

You need to modify the valve cover to clear the ARP studs. Look in the FAQ section for a post.

as has been said the cover needs some material remove to clear the studs, in two places,,

as for the gasket a new rubber seal is not always the best ,, a use'd gasket is flater and give a larger contact area for rtv to create a seal surface,, it only takes a few moments to lay a bead of rtv along the flat surface of the gasket completely arround the valve cover,, alow it to set for a few minutes , 4-5 this causes it to thicken up and make a firmer seal surface , don't do this untill after you have made certain the cover fits down flat and no studs are interfering with it,, wipe all surfaces clean and dry befor seting cover onto the head and applying any rtv ,, and do not use red rtv,,black ,clear , grey, blue any of these will work fine,, keep in mind the blck rtv is the most sticky,, the others will not stick to gaskets but the blk will causeing paper gaskets to tear if the parts are later remove'd or seperate'd

do not over tighten the valve cover bolts,, it is posible to tighten the bolts untill tha cover cracks