cooling system flush

TexasQuest

I'm getting a brand new rebuilt radiator back soon and don't want to crud it up when flushing my cooling system. I've got rust and crap in my engine and I don't want it to a get into my new radiator or my new hoses. Is there a way to flush the cooling system without using the radiator?

im demo cars we used to take out the thermostat and take a hose and spray into there.. it would flush the system out...

not sure if it works on these cars but its worth a try

That should work. Remember to open the heater also so it gets flushed..

There's a hex head plug underneath the exhaust manifold

that drains the water jackets. pm Indiana or Dad on this

site they've both put up pics of this plug just recently or

try to search for it(good luck)here.

here is what worked for me: I used two 3/4npt coupling( make sure it it black iron because it fits right into rad hoses so you could use the hose clamps), with 3/4npt PVC nipples and two garden hoses, also you will need a garden hose fitting that's used to connect 2 male ends of a garden hose.

faucet>>garden hose>>fitting to connect 2 male ends of garden hoses>>pvc mountain/coupling>>to water pump hose.

thermostat housing hose>>coupling/pvc mountain>>the other garden hose>> to ground.

btw. remove thermostat, and open heater to max. flush until water is clear, then reverse garden hose ends so that you are now flushing from the thermostat end, flush until clear.

when finished blow air in one end and have vacuum on the other end, then reverse ends, until you get most of the tap water out of the engine.

This is the system that I came up with for a close to perfect flush.

hope this helps, once you figure it out you will see that it is pretty simple.