F/S: yellow 89 tsi, 5 spd,North Western PA

jay89tsi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do what i do.....park it for a while and completly forget about it...one day the bug will come back around to bite

price is extremly low for that car....

i REALLY need money tho, i will get another one some day, maybe a fiji. But for now, i must sell this one...$2800

• 2 weeks later...
haul it on a trailer, probably be a little cheaper in gas! find a truck that can haul but not guzzle down gas lol

$700 shipping is a deal. I tow a 20' car hauler with a 5.9L Durango & get 10-11 MPG empty & about 9 loaded. Jupiter to PA = over 1K miles each way! I crunched average MPG for a 2.1K round trip & you'd spend over $800 in gas... not to mention food & lodging.

Run the numbers:

$2800 car

$ 700 shipping

$3500 to your city/possibly driveway

I doubt you'll find one as nice around here (FL) for the money.

• 1 month later...
$700 shipping is a deal. I tow a 20' car hauler with a 5.9L Durango & get 10-11 MPG empty & about 9 loaded. Jupiter to PA = over 1K miles each way! I crunched average MPG for a 2.1K round trip & you'd spend over $800 in gas... not to mention food & lodging.

Run the numbers:

$2800 car

$ 700 shipping

$3500 to your city/possibly driveway

I doubt you'll find one as nice around here (FL) for the money.

bump.... $2500. Would like it gone before winter starts...anyone??

Still have the car. I'd like to sell the car as is.. meaning the head is messed up. last time i drove it was march of 2008 and i havent touched it since, i dont have the time to mess with it. like i said, 2500 takes it. I'd like to get it gone before it has to sit thru a terrible Erie winter. I dont get on this site much, so if any one needs to get in contact with me, please call me at 814 - 504 - 3050

• 2 weeks later...
just keeping every one updated, got one of my good buddies to come out to my house and we messed with it a bit, it does turn over, but the battery died on us after a few compression strokes (batt is on charge now lol) tomorrow he is coming over again and were trying to troubleshoot what's the deal with this car. i'll post what we find out, thanks. -jay

im graduating high school this June and i need money for college or what ever i decide to do. I bought the car 2 years ago from a older guy who owns a body shop, IMO the car has been taken car of very well, I've parked it every winter since ive owned it. Asking $4,000, if you dont like the price, then the car's not for you, please dont post a bunch of BS saying its to much. 1989, 5 speed, 102k miles, interior is in good condition (leather), tranny does not grind, engine runs like a champ, does not smoke or sputter, turbo spools fine but could use a new one, 7 and 8's with 255's in the rear. Red is the Orig color, not a true yellow :(

mods that are on the car include: TEP 2.5 downpipe, hardpipe from aircan to turbo, modded aircan, greddy type-s "NOCK OFF" blow off valve, A-pillar boost guage, turbo xs boost controller. Every thing else is mainly stock. All new fluids, oil, tranny, coolant, pwr steering. New intake manifold gasket, thermostat gasket, and throttle body gasket, new 02 sensor

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd234/jay89tsi/conquest.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd234/jay89tsi/exhaust-1.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd234/jay89tsi/conquest1.jpg

aaaHHH was the car hit in the rear quarter panel?

Hi,

I'm a new member located just down the road from you in Meadville. Wish I would have joined the club a couple months ago. Bought an 88 starion in July. Had it shipped from Miami. I'd like to find a parts car, but this is way too nice for that. I'll try to convince my wife she needs one too! The biggest problem is that I don't have enough garage space for a second one. Without cover, NW PA winters will kill it.

Nice car, worth the money. If I can convince her to at least take a look, we will make arrangements to look at it.

Rich

Wow, very nice car. Mostly original? Looks in great condition but...your a high schooler, prly abused right?

to be honest i autocrossed this car once and that was the only time i abused it. This is my second conquest and my first one was a white 87 that i just completely destroyed and replaced 2 motors in that car, I matured up after buying this yellow one and like i said, i autocrossed it once and, yea i hit boost, but the slamming gears and burning tire were not done in this yellow one.

Hi,

I'm a new member located just down the road from you in Meadville. Wish I would have joined the club a couple months ago. Bought an 88 starion in July. Had it shipped from Miami. I'd like to find a parts car, but this is way too nice for that. I'll try to convince my wife she needs one too! The biggest problem is that I don't have enough garage space for a second one. Without cover, NW PA winters will kill it.

Nice car, worth the money. If I can convince her to at least take a look, we will make arrangements to look at it.

Rich

hi and welcome to the club, yea if you want to come up and look at it your more than welcome. give me a call 814-504-3050 i'm free after 6 on weekdays and free on weekends.