no brake lights

RobH

so im backing out of the shop and a guy tells me i have no brake lights

frist thought brake peddel switch stoped at the store picked one up put it in still no brake lights

running lights turn signals e flashers everything else works whats up with that

anyone have any ideas

thx

• Like 1

You'll need to check the circuit.

First make sure there is power to the pedal switch.

Then check bulbs and sockets....good clean and tight connection is a MUST. Check the socket ground...common no light problem.

If switch has power, sockets, bulbs good with a good ground....then you have a break in the wiring somewhere or loose/dirty connection.

No power at the switch, check fuse and trace power back to source looking for loose/ dirty/ broken connection.

Sometimes...realigning the hatch can have an affect.

The brake light circuit goes through sub-fusible link 2, fuse #2 under dash, the turn signals, the right side hazard/headlights up/foglights assembly, then to the brake lights. The hatch adjustment only affects the 3rd brake light.

Jimmy

ok update the third brake light works fine

the borrom brake lights the ones in the tail lights do no work

if i unplug them both and have someone push the brake peddel i have weak voltage if i plug in either light i dont have enough voltage to light one side

but like i said before my turn signals work tail lights work hazards work just no brake lights

looking at the wiring diagrams it signal goes from brake switch to hazards to turn signals to brake lights i know the brake switch works cause my 3rd brake works fine

stumped

Low voltage...check the circuit. You most likely have a loose/dirty connection somewhere in the circuit.

The only way to find it is to go thru it, connection by connection. Clean and tight connections are a MUST! You need to trace the whole circuit thoroughly.

Power thru a fuselink is a common problem area.

Low voltage...check the circuit. You most likely have a loose/dirty connection somewhere in the circuit.

The only way to find it is to go thru it, connection by connection. Clean and tight connections are a MUST! You need to trace the whole circuit thoroughly.

Power thru a fuselink is a common problem area.

:iagree: Also pull the light bulbs out and look at the contact points there. Corrosion/rust is pretty common here.

J

no loose connections or corrosion i did talk to a freind of mine at mitsu said thought mabie the hazard switch has voltage drop from corroded contacts in the switch the brake signal goes from the switch to the hazards to the turn signal to the tail lights he thought sense the hazards and the turn signals work that it has to be a corroded contact inside the hazard or the signal switch so im off to change the hazard switch if that fails changing the signal switch ill keep everyone updated

and thx for the help guys