axle shaft

19cturbo

real quick question, i have to change my shaft, and was wondering if there is any trick to putting it back in, i have read on starquest.i-x.net, but it say nothing about putting the shaft back in... thanks for your help

Technically you should mark the position it came out in - but the old one's not going back in so :cool0013:

Just don't let the yoke hang on the seal going in or out. The snap ring that holds it will give up (it won't slide out at all until this gives) but you either jerk the car or better yet pry the old shaft to pop it out being careful not to damage the flange or seal. The new one takes a firm push to snap back in.

Technically you should mark the position it came out in - but the old one's not going back in so :cool0013:

Just don't let the yoke hang on the seal going in or out. The snap ring that holds it will give up (it won't slide out at all until this gives) but you either jerk the car or better yet pry the old shaft to pop it out being careful not to damage the flange or seal. The new one takes a firm push to snap back in.

Hi do you know where i can get the axle to hub bolts?

If you mean the axle to flange bolts, most auto parts stores or home centers (Like Lowe's) should have them. On my 87, there are 4 per side and the nuts/ bolt heads are 14mm if that helps.

Hub bolts are rather large. The nut for hub bolt is under a cover in the center of the flange and requires lots of torque. That most likely is an auto part store item or you can try rockauto.com and/or Rockville Mitsubishi.

If you mean the axle to flange bolts, most auto parts stores or home centers (Like Lowe's) should have them. On my 87, there are 4 per side and the nuts/ bolt heads are 14mm if that helps.

Hub bolts are rather large. The nut for hub bolt is under a cover in the center of the flange and requires lots of torque. That most likely is an auto part store item or you can try rockauto.com and/or Rockville Mitsubishi.

Ok thank you for the info, i thought the bolts had to be purchased from the dealer.

real quick question, i have to change my shaft, and was wondering if there is any trick to putting it back in, i have read on starquest.i-x.net, but it say nothing about putting the shaft back in... thanks for your help

You dont have to mark anything. Once its rebuilt and ready to install, just put the shaft into the differential housing, Line up the teeth and give it a push. Once the clip is set, thats all there is to it. Bolt it up.

CALIBER 308

You dont have to mark anything. Once its rebuilt and ready to install, just put the shaft into the differential housing, Line up the teeth and give it a push. Once the clip is set, thats all there is to it. Bolt it up.

CALIBER 308

yeah i have already done it, probably the easiest thing ive ever done, thanks for the help.