injector/harness

ramz28

so i trouble shot my car with this no starting problem i managed to to understand no fuel issue again but this time its not at the filter. i have fuel going into the TB and then return right away. my injectors are not spraying. y? my clips look pretty dingy anyi idea?

Replace the clips...they are too small to clean well...could use contact cleaner in a pinch, but should be replaced.

The pins on the injector where the clips connect should best be cleaned this way...a hacksaw blade wrapped in wet/dry sandpaper of the finest grit you can find. You do NOT want to remove any material of the pins. A few light strokes enough to get them clean is all that's necessary.

Once clean...remove the clips from the primary injector. Key on, verify 12 volts in one of the wires. Ground is supplied by the ECU. ECU case needs a good ground.

If you do not have 12 volts...trace it back to source looking for any loose/ dirty connections or broken wire. It has 12 volts and will not fire, check the pick up in distrib, it can test good, but it looks burnt, replace it. Also check the ignitor/ knock box.

The ECU must have timing/ tach signal before it will fire the injectors.

• 2 weeks later...