EMERGENCY !

luckyboots

hey all, im in a dire situation. I am 400 miles from home and my quest Broke down . I mean bad. I need a new head and I need to know if anyone lives near corsicana texas. its 60miles south of dallas . i cant afford to tow it ($1100) I need expertise. I know a fair amount about my car. I don't know what to do. I need help and I have 500 bucks to get home. I posted here to get exposure. thanks guys

If you can get to a u-haul and get a few buddies, you can rent a tow dolly or trailer for less than $50 a day for a dolly and if need be rent a truck as well. That'll get you home at least.

If you can get to a u-haul and get a few buddies, you can rent a tow dolly or trailer for less than $50 a day for a dolly and if need be rent a truck as well. That'll get you home at least.

best bet

The U-haul is probably your best bet. Changing a head out on the road would be a challenge even if you somehow found somewhere to do it. Do you know how bad the head is cracked? If its just a small crack and mainly the head gasket leaking you might be able to slip another gasket in a limp it home. Worse case senerio you could try some of that engine sealant stuff in a can. Supposed to stop head gaskes leaks and seal cracks in the block and head. Not a permenant solution but it might get you home. Two brands I know of are Steel Seal and K&W head gasket and block repair, supposed to work in gas and diesel applications. Find a local parts store and see if they have any. If you were in my neck of the woods I'd be more then happy to help ya. Sorry about the bad luck and hopefully you can get something figured out.

if you do try the stop leak way,,be sure to remove the waste gate arm so you can't make boost , it works fairly well in nonturbo eng but under boost forget it

how ever a few yrs ago Penick000 was down in fl with his 87 and while doing a leak down test the head gasket fail'd bad,, he didn't have time to do a gasket replacement so he opt'd for the stop leak,, and it held him all the way back home to pa