engine runs bad after swap????!!??

s_dime_man

i have an 87 conquest..... just put an 84 flatty engine in it. changed the turbo and intake. ran good earlier today then when it got warm "it seemed like" it ran like a**. idles at about 1500 to 2000 rpms i have swapped injectors back and fourth. abd when you give it gas it will die out. it seemes like when you spool up even a little bit it runs bad car will barely move itself. help please.. i think it has somethin to do with the maf sensor

the "what i would call" secondary fuel injector is not putting out fuel. the engine dies out at any more than 1/4 throttle. and no higher than 2400rpms.. anyone have an answer? and i have already tried other injectors and same thing. the previous owner spliced a new injector clip on and i redid that and same thing happens i think maf sensor still but don know how to solve the problem. i should try the maf cleaner but im not to confident in that stuff! help plz

This sounds like a typical secondary injector not firing.

Good clips, pins the clips connect to clean with tight connections is a good start.

Check to verify 12 volts to the injector...key on.

Ground is supplied by the ECU. Won't hurt to verify good ground on the ECU case.

Poor running after warm up is usually the CTS.

i used the 87 at first then switched to the 84 injectors and the car did the same thing, so i switched back. i think the fuel filter is clogged and the car runs out of gas and since autozone and advance dont carry ANY parts for these cars. ima put a elcheapo cone inline filter on it. in about 20 mins. will update then.. and the 84 is a 5 speed

problem solved!!!! car runs decently now. it was nasty chunks of gas goo and varnish clogging up the cone filter. might drop tank soon. but for now i put an inline filter before the cone and went out tonight unregistered and did some amazing donuts!!! car isnt fast though, maybe its the 5 year old gas still in it but i wanna up the boost and fuel safely any tips??