interested in doin a 4g63 swap

1980Gbody

you just have to mod the stock intake like the magna. it's not that hard you just need some intercooler piping what's so different from the magna mod so common around here. i'll say it again it's not that hard................

you just have to mod the stock intake like the magna. it's not that hard you just need some intercooler piping what's so different from the magna mod so common around here. i'll say it again it's not that hard................

So you just have to mod the intake, build some IC piping and thats all there is to a swap? That does sound pretty easy! :woot:

I wish I would have known that when I did mine..

man I did it the wrong way..

:ylsuper:

I was thinking the same thing! Cause mine sure wasn't easy?

Its like running a business too. You just sell inventory, take money, pay bills, hire people, fire people, ya know, typical easy work. Just do it in order, its easy. No stress involved. Right?

Edited by Pr4mnceMan

you guy's must like doing thing's the hard way. cause my you guy's are making a big deal over saying it'so hard to do. if you wanna make one of these cars fast you gotta do some custom work and when I said it was easy if you read the post it said the engine bolts right up to the trans and the motor mounts but all you guy's with to much time on there hands just like to jump right in and start talking smack on these posts why not ad somthing helpful instead of all the crap. but if it wasn't for all that these post would be to short so keep heckling everyone who makes a post and you act like you know so much more than everyone on here. like I said before it's easy to bolt the block and mounts with no mods it's still gonna take alot of work so instead of critsizing why not helping other guy's we are supposed to be here for the same reasons we love these cars and making them faster not about nonsense of how easy somthing is everyones ideas of that are different are different.....

Good luck bolting it to the tranny.. ;)

It's not easy, at all. unless you pay someone to do it and you'll be paying a lot because they will think it's hard like the rest of the members here with 4G cars.

I wouldn't speak too fast about being easy until you do it.

yea I know it's the weak link but we'll see how long she last's. I'm not here to argue over the whole swap . but that's ok if you wanna throw that in my face that the trans wont last that's ok. there's alot of fast 2.6l with the stock trans. I'll let you know how it holds up and thanks again for the insight. I don't know why there is so much negativity around here......

I'm not being negative, I'm speaking form experiences with RWD Mitsus.

Like i said, your going to be replacing trannys often... if your wanting to mod the car.

if you drive it like a grandma then sure, it might be ok... but good luck with taking it easy on the car.

There is a reason why an adapter was made 10 years ago to put a different tranny in the car.. ;)

Edited by emagdnim

sorry about that. yea i'm not sure about the trans or how long it will last but I know where I can pick up a spare reasonable. I'm on a budget like most on here so we'll see how long it lasts. I didn't want to be rude and i'll be posting on the progress soon i'm still working on parts and the engine and start a new post.

I have a modified 4g63 intake mani with a 60mm TB and I aready have megasquirt that I was using on my g54. I'm working on the intercooler piping next. I have a modified stock intercooler with 21/4" inlet and outlets, I plan to upgrade the IC later but it'll have to do for now. I'm thinking about a t3t4 maybe a 57trim for turbo and a tubular header, and a set of 272 cams but no port work for now. I should be making progress soon going on vacation in 2 weeks and the weather is starting to break up here so I plan to start working on it then hope to have it running somtime in may, we'll see......