weight differences

S3TH

does anyone know how much the stock 2.6 weighs? and for anyone who has done any V8 swap how does the extra weight affect your cornering capabilities? i was thinking of swaping out the engine and want to check out all my options, pro's and con's of different swaps. and is there anyone who has done a 13B swap i was kinda thinking of that direction due to the light weight of the engine and the ability to place it farther back into the chassis helping with the weight distribution. but im still interested in a 8 cylinder just for the raw power available. though fuel consumption will play some part cause gas is expensive and my truck sucks balls when it comes to that particular department, i would just like to hear your thoughts and comments thanks

ive had two 5.0 conquest and both still handled really well.it would be nice to have a little stiffer spring though.sometimes when you hit a dip in the road the tires will rub the inner fender.but ive got a 2.6 quest and it does the same.maybe with new struts and springs this wouldnt happen.ive been told that the 5.0 adds about 150lbs to each front strut.ive talked to other guys that have this setup and i dont think they have this issue,but it wont be a problem on good roads.i got around 20 mpg with my swap.

I have coilovers all around on mine so I can't give an honest opinion on the stock setup with a v8. I think for 8/10th driving there really isn't a noticeable difference. At the same time the added lowend torque can help steer the car and compensate for any extra understeer that you might have.

I can't remember cause it has been so loong ago,but I think mine weighed somewhere around 3500lbs and that's with me in it.And at the time I was about 250lb.Not alot more than stock and I have cast iron heads.

No rubbing on the tires and I run KYB's with stock springs.

I can get close to 25 MPG on the highway but I am running an AOD tranny.

how much did you guys spend on average for the V8 swap? just a side note im a ford guy so i would probably be leaning towards a blue oval engine. but im still interested in some type of JDM engine (no honda's i read that thread so i get it no one likes a honda) and anyone know where i can find a 13B-REW out of a FD3S cause if i can find one that would be whats going in but so far i can only find the 13B-T out of the FC3S. either way somthing is going to happen with it next year

i did my first one for around 1500 but i got my driveshaft,crossmember done for free.it was a 5.0 efi aod.and the one im owrking on now,i just stopped counting lol.its a pretty good fit,a little tight though.personally i think they look real nice in there.

yeah i have seen a couple with the swap and they look really sharp, and i could probably get an old higher mileage 5.0L off my friend (he has a fox and his dad is buying him a new car when he graduates lucky fool) the only thing that turns me off is the gas consumption i need something half way economical cause my truck puts it away like it is its job. also what do any of you think about a SR20DET out of a silvia i have only seen one with this swap but i cant get the guy to email me back about it

how much did you guys spend on average for the V8 swap? just a side note im a ford guy so i would probably be leaning towards a blue oval engine. but im still interested in some type of JDM engine (no honda's i read that thread so i get it no one likes a honda) and anyone know where i can find a 13B-REW out of a FD3S cause if i can find one that would be whats going in but so far i can only find the 13B-T out of the FC3S. either way somthing is going to happen with it next year

swap something reliable, 13b's are not, and a ls1 is 50lbs heavier than a 13b. Something to think about. 400hp everyday, or 400 for a month or two.