2jz-rb26-g54b donno which one

starquest drifter123

see i want alot of power out of my beast its a 87 conquest tsi

if i go with the 2jz itll be a twinturbo

or the rb26 will also be twinturbo

but if i stick with the castiron g54b ill go with a direct import injection hurricane system witha custom turbo setup to go about 600-maybe 650hp does any one know the pros and cons on any of these motors?

cause i know there all good motors but which one is the question

any help please

thanks

fully blown v8 with a blower and traction...if you wanna go fast....make it go fast why tinker with turbos? :lol:

too bad that 2jz can handle well over 900hp on a stock bottom end. For the amount of money you have to spend on a full blown v8 your best bet is to stick with a 2jz.

ya im startin to lean to the 2jz but i really like the rb26, and im not much of a v8 dude cause im more into tuning japanese muscle :wink: so i mite do the rb cause i havent seen one yet 8) thanks for the repiles

Highly boosted brought mine which i orginally gonna do but things happened in my life so i had to sell it. Still no one in the US has a 2jz swap in a conquest cuz highlyboosted is still not done yet. See if you can beat him lol. O but there are 1jz out there tho. If you looking for the best bang i would stick with 2jz. I wanted to put it in my 05 s2000 but alot of people told me that be rude to do it to a fairly new s2000 So i'm just turboing it.

o don't even use the stock twin turbos slap that cheap GT45 turbo (used it before and loved it) from ebay and get a cheap turbo header and 1000cc injectors and then Megasquirt it. probably easily get lil over 600rwhp on pump:D

there is a diffeence between making it run and making it run well. Try to be the first to get the 2jz done, if you do post how you did it here.

The hold up right now on highly boosted's car is mainly me, but this isn't a ricer half---------------- swap. with spagetti wiring.

well guys once i get the money i think im going to go with the 2jz with the twinturbos and maybe make a new record with most power output for a starquest :twisted: !!!!!

good luck. but there's been over 1000rwhp on a g54b if im not mistaken. After pass 900 w the 2jz asking for some damage. But most ever been poven on stock bottom end was 1052rwhp i think it was. Then after that, gotta build it up.

What is the most powerful car you've driven before? 400hp in a 2WD car is plenty. Can't compare it to dad's muscle car. A 2900lb car with 400hp is pretty scary. Don't look for 600hp until you've tried 400hp first.

What is the most powerful car you've driven before? 400hp in a 2WD car is plenty. Can't compare it to dad's muscle car. A 2900lb car with 400hp is pretty scary. Don't look for 600hp until you've tried 400hp first.

idk to be honest :? , but ya thanks for the advice, i will be awhile for me to even get the money for that swap anyways, plus the more i think of it i really dont want to much power or i wont be able to drift that easy :wink:

idk to be honest :? , but ya thanks for the advice, i will be awhile for me to even get the money for that swap anyways, plus the more i think of it i really dont want to much power or i wont be able to drift that easy :wink:

:roll:

• 2 weeks later...

how abou this a almost stock 5.0, and if you count big trucks my dads f350 and its couple of goodies that makes it have about 650 something tq and like 400hp

how abou this a almost stock 5.0, and if you count big trucks my dads f350 and its couple of goodies that makes it have about 650 something tq and like 400hp

A healthy stock 5.0 is 225 flywheel hp.. Not fast at all.

That F350 is like 5700lbs.. :lol:

A 2900lb car with 400hp is pretty scary.

Especially with G54B torque. That 400hp would be accompanied by like 475tq or so.. Definately not something to learn with. :D

one thing to think of, is the oil pan clearing the crossmember.

a 2j will need a new oil pan custom made for sure.

an rb may work better because of the awd pan. just pull out the front diff and axles, seal it up and it may fit in.

but both motors make crazy power.

2j parts are alot. and rb parts are hard as hell to sorce for a fair crazy expensive price.

but the cool factor on the rb would be just a little higher only cuz its harder to get.

an easier swap maybe a vq35 froma 350z.

put a pro charger on it, slight build on the motor and 500+whp.

or a vg30dett from a 300zx tt. tight fit.

perhaps a lotus esprit v8tt. whole engine/trany only weight 450lbs. so say 350 or so for the motor.

maybe a 4.6 cobra.(i think, what the the dohc motor was with the super charger).

maybe a diesel?

lol

tony

For the 2jz all you need to do is swab a 1jzgte oil pan out of a jzx81 mark 2 or chaser because they have the sump up front and the 2jz can run front or rear sump.

Another good thing about the 1jz or 2jz is you have your choice or 2 diff auto trannys and 3 diff maunals. There is also several tranny adaptor plates and bell housing conversions out there too.

Another good thing about the 1jz or 2jz is you have your choice or 2 diff auto trannys and 3 diff maunals. There is also several tranny adaptor plates and bell housing conversions out there too.

What exactly are these trans options?

I'm thinking

auto: toyota's auto and gm's th400

man: toyota's 5 & 6 speeds. Whats the third?

A healthy stock 5.0 is 225 flywheel hp.. Not fast at all.

That F350 is like 5700lbs.. :lol:

A 2900lb car with 400hp is pretty scary.

Especially with G54B torque. That 400hp would be accompanied by like 475tq or so.. Definately not something to learn with. :D

yay i noe the f350 fat :lol: i just thought i would throw something out there, and im drivin the quest right now, and i do have sum mods on it, and i can feel the tq, so ya im still learning. almost had the rear end kick out on me in turns, so ill just make the mods slowly but surely :)

well i am already begining to get parts to make the rb26 fit on my 99 tsi. i love those motors. am gonna fully build the motor am mount a 70 trim turbo. and am gonna trow on 25 psi. aslong as i do 10's am good. but good luck wit ur project