hydraulic rocker shafts needed

chiplee

hydraulic rocker shafts needed to 22193. Offering $30 for the trouble, shipped. Will not accept a rocker assembly though. You need to dissassemble the assembly from a known good engine, inspect the shafts, have no trouble removing the cam towers and send only the two shafts. Looking for someone well known and knowledgable here.

well chip

lmk if i can help ya out,,,and wat to look for ,,,as i want you to get exactly wat you ask for

i have several sets

thanx bryen

thanks. how do you have them? are they still in rocker assemblies are are they removed?

If they're still in rocker assemblies you'll just have to pull all the bolts out and start trying to work the ends off, then the springs then the rockers and so on until the shafts are free..

What I'm looking for is that during this process you experience NO hangups or significant sticky spots while you're sliding parts off of the shafts. If they've ever been cranked down all the way in the middle or had the bolts tighted out of sequence badly they could be slightly bent. There are also typically burrs on the bolt holes that can scrape the insides of the rockers while you're assembling the thing.

You might experience some minor sticking as the cam towers slide off because of some simply misalignment between the two shafts causing more friction on one than on the other. this is fine.

Let me know if you think you have a good set and if my "offer" will suffice and I'll send the money via paypal.

well i have several,,like i said,, some on cracked heads some still in assembly form in a box

and some just the shafts

lmk go check the loose shafts real quik

bryen

if you can slide rockers smoothly over the shafts with very few minor catches or sticky spots they're probably fine, but until you get to sliding actual cam towers over them you won't really know how straight they are. We also have to be 100% certain thay are hydraulic and not mechanical shafts.

well crap

i just found a decent set,,,the arms and towers slid off with ease

but i didnt check which arms hyd or mech ,,as i do have several of each

out of the 7 sets this is the only pair im comfortable in sellin

how do i tell the difference in them?????

well crap

i just found a decent set,,,the arms and towers slid off with ease

but i didnt check which arms hyd or mech ,,as i do have several of each

out of the 7 sets this is the only pair im comfortable in sellin

how do i tell the difference in them?????

not sure, hyds should have an extra oil hole or something. I haven't used hyds in a while so I don't have a set, hence the "items wanted" post. I'll try to find out. thanks for looking at them though.

Chip, I recommend going to mitsu to get shafted. :wink:

lol on more than one level lol

even though the price on them isnt to bad 30.xx or so a peice and your guaranteed no burrs or anything like that if you could wait a week or two before you need them i'll have a parts car i can check them out for you but couldnt guarantee anything on those either what one person says comes off easily and no hang up another person may think is harder than hell to get off nothing against anyone in this topic but everyone has a different idea of "easy"

even though the price on them isnt to bad 30.xx or so a peice and your guaranteed no burrs or anything like that if you could wait a week or two before you need them i'll have a parts car i can check them out for you but couldnt guarantee anything on those either what one person says comes off easily and no hang up another person may think is harder than hell to get off nothing against anyone in this topic but everyone has a different idea of "easy"

yeah that's a good point. I'll probably do it that way.

helpful info.... All rocker shafts will have some degree of difficulty in removal. 100k plus miles does wear them just a bit. I think what chip wants is for the seller to make sure the shafts are "true".

Ive never had any rocker shafts just "slide out" with out at least a little motivation.

Just trying to help bud

Looking for someone well known and knowledgable here.

I probably have a set-- I know I sent 2 new shafts to regginrx7 on here, But I may not fit your requirements.

Dad

I'll take a look today

first off im not gonna waste any more of my time,,,,from the ones ive disassembled these slid right off NO degree of force the others did,,,and even the ones that ive had on runnin motors needed more force to get them apart

second i was doin wat was asked from chip

but i do agree i would go new for a race head

i was just responding to a wanted post,,,and i do have one decent pair

gl

bryen

first off im not gonna waste any more of my time,,,,from the ones ive disassembled these slid right off NO degree of force the others did,,,and even the ones that ive had on runnin motors needed more force to get them apart

second i was doin wat was asked from chip

but i do agree i would go new for a race head

i was just responding to a wanted post,,,and i do have one decent pair

gl

bryen

thanks for the effort. I guess at least now you know you have a known good set ready to sell. You waffled on knowing whether they were mech or hyd shafts and I decided certainty was worth the extra $30. either way , thanks again.

by no means did i mean any offence to anyone by what i wrote about what one person says is easy another may say is harder or tighter everyone has there own opinion i hope no offense was taken by you quikconq i was giving a little insight on another option for chiplee in no way did i mean anything towards you or anyone else was just my 2 cents worth