2JZ Starion, or 2JZ 240sx....?

Maine_TSI

What radiator is that?

its a mishismoto 1G eclipse xline..

Got dang thats a big tail fan...lol.

yeah but dont tell your GF that ever!

wheres that fan gonna fit! i know i for sure didnt have room for anything that big!

dunno.. it might not but ill deal with that later.. if i can get it to fit i could possibly make a custom shroud to pull from below the radiator also for oil or tranny coolers... that would be nice.

cant wait to start seeing pics of these parts in the car. :)

yeah me either! sure has been a long time in the making

if i ever complete this it have a feeling it will be worth it.

just upgraded my turbo setup to a 6766

dont think i can stay with the stock auto or stock fuel even at the lowest boost setting now like i was planing just to get up and running and see what issues i need to deal with on the car. so its a sweet upgrade and where i wanted to be turbo size long term - but in some ways it will probably slow my progress some with the extra costs of MORE POWER :) :blink: :unsure:

If you have pockets full of money it won't slow u down at all. If Ur like me and are scrounging around for play money then yes, it's gonna set u back a awhile. In the long run it'll be worth it and save u from doing the work twice.

In case I missed it, what are u doing for a trans mount?

If you have pockets full of money it won't slow u down at all. If Ur like me and are scrounging around for play money then yes, it's gonna set u back a awhile. In the long run it'll be worth it and save u from doing the work twice.

In case I missed it, what are u doing for a trans mount?

yeah done right is the best way to go...

money?? eh i dont even remember what that stuff looks like!

Tranny mount, ill figure somethign out once the motor /tranny are in place, and can take some measurments...

and with the new turbo setup, might have to go with a different tranny anyways...

Ok thanks, but corect me if I am wrong..I thought all we needed to get up and going was the stock Mitsubishi and Toyota ecu' sand possible an safc.

yah im not the guy to ask on this, this is my first motor swap.... pretty sure up and running in stock form is what you said, possibly even single turbo 400hp or less

(limited by the JDM fuel 440cc incjectors) but after that more fuel is needed and then a way to control it.

You completely remove the stock mitsu computer. For reference... I'm running the stock toyota ecu with SAFCII with 550 us spec injectors. At WOT at 15psi I'm running MINUS 24% fuel....which is..you guessed it... the factory 440 fuel curve. I only made 360hp on the dyno with a huge boost leak and 13psi. I would say I'm around 415 now and have all the fuel left for 500+. You can do 450 easy without working the 440's too hard.

Finally started working on her... seems like nothing is ever coming through for help or a garage to work on it... so ill just start tearing it down in mah yahd. made some good headway today. sure wish i had air tools! that turbo was a pain in the but to take off

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o15/corn_pop45/2JZ%20Quest/1005131026.jpg

cars from the mid 80's so many hoses!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o15/corn_pop45/2JZ%20Quest/1005131105.jpg

turbo off

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o15/corn_pop45/2JZ%20Quest/1005131513.jpg

took out the radiator

and the AC and some more clips and hoses

sure wish i knew what i was doin... heh

• 3 weeks later...

hmm progress slowed down on my end - life is such a crazy thing....

still dealing with insanity from my divorce and continuing saftey issues...

Also tore my AC ligament in my shoulder on a BMX in Skate park bowl.

How did this go from 2008 to 2013?

I am thinking of going real cheap with the 1jz w/ auto trans my self.

I know "just do a 2j if going auto." when I get a day I will drive to Orlando and hand pick one out. If I have the money that day I may get a 2 but will be happy enough with the 1. I have a auto quest so the auto 1jz will do just fine.

How did this go from 2008 to 2013?

I am thinking of going real cheap with the 1jz w/ auto trans my self.

how did it go.... not very well obviously! heh...

taking care of 4 kids, work full time and, spousal issues made it impossible.

finally trying to make it a reality - but seems to be a battle.

i would not do the 1JZ - its a fantastic engine, and revs/flows better then the 2JZ

but since it was never here in a car the support/options for it are less

the 500 bucks you save on Buying a 1JZ vs 2JZ now will disappear when you buy a turbo kit

or other upgrades. i would think even cams would be more expensive as less market for them

The only differences between the 1jz and the 2jz are the differences of a stroker kit. I have a friend that did a 1jz swap into his Tacoma. The things that need changed out will work from a 2jz. the cams, oil pump, water pump, and even the timing belt can be picked up at auto zone or Toyota.

the 1jz timing belt is different.. you can get a 1jz belt at the auto parts store but its for like an 88 isuzu 2.6L or something..

and the cams from a 2j will not bolt direclty in to a 1j, they have to be modified..

i would not do the 1JZ - its a fantastic engine, and revs/flows better then the 2JZ

but since it was never here in a car the support/options for it are less

the 500 bucks you save on Buying a 1JZ vs 2JZ now will disappear when you buy a turbo kit

or other upgrades. i would think even cams would be more expensive as less market for them

1jz is pretty easy to get parts for. alot of the stuff is the same and there are alot of people sellin spare parts for them.. many things are interchangable.. intake gaskets and exhaust gaskets are hard to get, but other than that you can get alot of things for the 1j easily..

• 5 months later...

Well the snow is mostly gone, and its time to start thinking bout this project again!

ive been rather busy with work, and kids, and my 05 wrx upgrade to stage 2 daily driver, ice riding dirtbikes, snomobiling (now busted), and healing up form torn AC ligament and more recently dislocated wrist! hoping to continue tearing the car apart soon in the attempt to get the JZ motor in there. will this year actually be the year that this beast moves under its own power..? heres to hoping! ;)

Well the snow is mostly gone, and its time to start thinking bout this project again!

ive been rather busy with work, and kids, and my 05 wrx upgrade to stage 2 daily driver, ice riding dirtbikes, snomobiling (now busted), and healing up form torn AC ligament and more recently dislocated wrist! hoping to continue tearing the car apart soon in the attempt to get the JZ motor in there. will this year actually be the year that this beast moves under its own power..? heres to hoping! ;)

Sell all those other distractions (not the kids) and start building it already :D .

Sell all those other distractions (not the kids) and start building it already :D .

This kids are probalby the most expensive and time consuming distractions..... hehehehe