Wideband O2

HyperU pistons .20 over

Stock rods

5mm oversized valves

stock head hogged out with JVE kit

Reground stock cam to 272

knife-edged crank

hogged out stock exhaust mani and stress relieved

Going to get newew intercooler (any suggestions)

Turbo in the works, just going with 12a until funds come thinking 60-1

hard intercooler piping

new, stock (napa) fuel pump. and new fuel filters throughout

Fidenza flywheel and beefy clutch

Not sure what FPR i'm going with

Open DP exhaust (going to put it on a electric cut-off switch so i can switch back to stock for cruising)

Suspension i'm going to worry about later

Poly bushings throughout motor and tranny too

Let me know what i'm missing to hit those numbers, assuming i can dial it all in perfectly.

Thanks,

Taylor

That's an easy upgrade. At the time i put er' in A. I just wanted to get the car running little did i know she was going down only two weeks later B. Also just as of 2 months ago I was only looking to get in the 320's so it might of been enough to get the job done

Thanks for the input :D

if you detonate, kiss your pistons goodbye. just my 2.6 cents (hah ive wanted to use that for a while) better be sure on your fuel and Timing thats all. But if your power goal is that high, i'd go Forged.

The pistons will fail under boost alone.

Why are you people with all this other work done using those?

I am using these and i did ample amount of research and talked with some very educated people before i made my decision. they are running flawlessly for me, and i dont plan on running over 15 psi so i doubt i will ever have any problems.

I am using these and i did ample amount of research and talked with some very educated people before i made my decision. they are running flawlessly for me, and i dont plan on running over 15 psi so i doubt i will ever have any problems.

Ill go ahead and quote that, so you can't edit it later. :wink:

lol

no-one ever "plans" on going over 15 psi , it turns out that our cars will not make much power unless you do . But , at 15 psi the pistons will be more than ok .....

no-one ever "plans" on going over 15 psi , it turns out that our cars will not make much power unless you do . But , at 15 psi the pistons will be more than ok .....

agreed. and i think that in order to reach 400+ on a starquest you need forged :)

agreed. and i think that in order to reach 400+ on a starquest you need forged :)

no, just MPI, header and supporting mods... proper tune is key after these items have been had. The motor will take it. cast might be better than hyper

Actually, there are quite a few N/A V8's making over 600hp on hypers.........I've always said that if your AFR's are good you can make good HP with these..................course I've blown a couple of hyperu motors in my experimentation days before MPI.............Tune accordingly...

Oh, that's ok. You'll see. ;)

Oh, I know I will. :wink:

so whats your current setup? and your experince with hyper-u?

Whats my set-up got to do with you guys making the wrong decisions?

And its "experience" something you'll have very soon with your set-up.

Oh, that's ok. You'll see. ;)

Oh, I know I will. :wink:

so whats your current setup? and your experince with hyper-u?

Whats my set-up got to do with you guys making the wrong decisions?

And its "experience" something you'll have very soon with your set-up.

well cause it sorta sounds like you have no idea about what your talking about. if i'm wrong... tell me why i'm wrong lol. did you have a car blow up due to bad Timing or bad fuel control and your placing blame on Hyper-U or something? *shrug* just tell me what your experience so i can see if its enough for me to pull my motor and change pistons. Cause ive gone through alot of searching and asking alot of people. and a few choice members here and they have said otherwise...

Cout ran Hypers for 2.5 years at 15 lbs boost to race then One day....

He sold the car!

Now we don't the outcome.

Dad

Yep, they will most likely last on a stockish car... but we all know thats not going to last long.

Go forged, don't be cheap.... if you can't save up enough for them your in the wrong hobby/ sport... whatever.

Build it right the first time.

Oh, and my experience? was the search button... use it.