FS/WTT: 88 Figi project caged 20G (Baltimore MD) ***SOLD***

armygreen11

click his link:

""""

It's got a 6-point cage installed (SCCA legal, but not NHRA. The main hoop is welded to the frame, but the rest is bolt in).

Coilovers, full poly bushings, stedbani camber plates (insane beefy) and 3-point strut tower bar (ties to firewall).

He told me the trans is great, better than any conquest trans he's ever had, but I couldn't tell you because the car has no motor in it right now. I have an aluminum flywheel (fidanza?) and a good heavy duty clutch and pressure plate.

I have two fresh blocks ready to be assembled, a brand new set of Ross pistons, shot peened rods, fresh ported non-jet valve head, 1mm over SS valves I think, crank scraper, ported 20G, South Florida performance T3 manifold with an external Tial wastegate, there's a Spearco front mount on the car with an HKS racing BOV. I also picked up a griffen aluminum radiator, but it needs to have some brackets fab'd.

There's a wideband O2, Apexi S-AFC and AVC-R, autometer boost gauge... All the parts to put the car back together are there, except an engine rebuild kit (bearings, gaskets and such) and the wheels. That nice deep dish in that pic is the only one. He bought it to see if it fit, and it does, but he never got the other three. It's a Mustang cobra rep. I got a quote for $454 shipped for the other three last year. I still have the place's info.

The interior is pretty nice. Nothing really bad except where the door panels had to be cut into a little for the roll cage, but it's still really nice for it's age. It needs a windshield (cracked) a sunroof gasket, and some elbow grease. I don't remember how many miles it has on it, but it's under 100k. I paid $3500 for the car last year, plus $1500 for the uhaul, hotels, and gas to get it from Houston to Baltimore. So really I have $5k in it. You could probably get close to $3k for the parts alone.

''''

Pics also on that link

It appears to be "backsliders" old car.

Chad: thanks for the paste... and all those pics and info from his old link is still accurate. The Jamex racing seat is gone, but I got a Griffen radiator and a slimline fan for it. The RCI harness is still there, but it needs a bracket for the inside lap belt. The original drivers seat is back in the car now. The SCE headgasket is gone too. After looking back over that thread, I noticed that I left out a few things that I do have. MSD box, adjustable cam gear... maybe more.

Monty: Yes, it's backslider's old car. Yes, I uhauled it from Houston to B-more. ($1500 and three days).

The wheel came from ebay. It's a cobra rep. I still have the place's number at work, but I haven't seen any ad's from for a while. You have to run spacers on the rear and have coilovers for them to fit. I think the fenders should really be rolled for them to not rub, but I don't know for sure.

I have someone on vwvortex that might be intrested in the rolling chassis, so everything else might get parted, but don't all get your hopes up just yet. ;)

Interested in trades too!

No, never did anything at all with it actually. It's just sat in my garage since I bought it. This whole having kids thing really takes a lot of time and energy. I should probably be more upset about it than I am, but really I'm not. Sure I'm losing a chunk of change and all, but I think it's better to let someone with the desire take it and do it right than just let it rot in my garage. I do have a old bike now that I've actually been working on. It already runs, and is much simpler (and cheaper) than the Conquest.

i have a friend with an 86 GTI. its white. 5 spd, pretty nice interior. motor has a tap in it but it eventually goes away. something wrong with it that it runs weird, fuel pump possibly? since they have two of them. anyways, hes waiting for the title for the car but im sure he would want to sell it cheap if your interested. not sure if hes interested in a conquest but just to give you a headsup on the GTI anyways.

-Mike

i have a friend with an 86 GTI. its white. 5 spd, pretty nice interior. motor has a tap in it but it eventually goes away. something wrong with it that it runs weird, fuel pump possibly? since they have two of them. anyways, hes waiting for the title for the car but im sure he would want to sell it cheap if your interested. not sure if hes interested in a conquest but just to give you a headsup on the GTI anyways.

-Mike

Cool, thnx. Keep me posted.