My build.Lots of pics

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
you guys are jokeing about the waste gate exiting thru the hood right ,, you do know fire is shooting out the dump lol

seen more then one guy learn that the hard way

Thats why you route it out the pass side fender and always pick the left lane :eek1bluegreen:

what head did you start with and what are the flow #'s

marnel head.

So heres an update.

nothing new lol

Iv had other projects.ALmost done with one.

I just bought a 03 wrx that needed some parts.Ill post a thread on that later.

All i really have left is Ic piping and some welding, a couple of gauges installed.

Work + school+ a gf= no time

nice work man! have you hooked up the thermstat from the fip kit yet? was wondering if you had a pic, im going to be doing mine soon as was wondering if im just suposed to put the 2 1/2s together and just let it hang inline with couplers? seems weird to me.......

nice work man! have you hooked up the thermstat from the fip kit yet? was wondering if you had a pic, im going to be doing mine soon as was wondering if im just suposed to put the 2 1/2s together and just let it hang inline with couplers? seems weird to me.......

No not yet.I was still figuring out what i was going to do with the coolant sensors.It says to put them off the thermostat but that looks crappy!

I wanted a aftermarket and stock.I noticed they have one in the manifold already but im not sure if does anything besides show up on the computer.If thats the case then ill take theres out and put one in there.They havent gotten back to me yet.

• 1 month later...

It's time to get back to work on this project and see it to completion.

Please explain what the white portion of the crank scraper is?

Thanks,

Dan

Edit: I just visited crank-scrapers.com and found out the white portion of the scraper is a teflon wiper. Great design!

What are some of the benefits?

· Less rotating mass for the engine to accelerate because of the removed oil

· Less loss of power because of excessive drag caused by the windage cloud

· Helps reduce engine damaging oil-foaming

· Helps avoid oil starvation by keeping the oil in the pan during hard braking and turning as well as during off-road driving

· Helps to cool critical engine parts by quickly returning heated oil to the sump

· Helps to prevent the cylinder walls from being overloaded with oil

· Can help with fuel efficiency

crank-scrapers.com

I dont have any pics of it installed but it goes inbetween your block and oil pan.This is the 1st crankscraper for our 2.6 made by these guys(they were the only ones i could find to).In a CRAZY to the max build like i am doing then i would reccomend it.

Ill post some pics later this month with my progress.

Edited by Dan

• 1 month later...

This car WILL be running before the snow hits.The Gf is back to college.I just finished my WRX and got it tuned on friday.I am sooo bored without my gf,cars will have to substitute for the box .haha

Now i just have to remember what iv done lol.It shouldnt be far off.Ill update sunday night with progress.

• 5 months later...
I realized its go time for this car.I was distracted by snowboarding and girls.Both are gone(for now).Got a new pilot bearing and i had to run to cokedoctors for the bellhousing adapter plate.Then it was off to the races.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/angryhero46/img_1406.jpg

Cokedoctor finishing up a mount.

Apparently everyone has a load leveler except me.So i used a 8awg piece of wire i had laying around.Worked great!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/angryhero46/img_1407.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/angryhero46/img_1408.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/angryhero46/img_1409.jpg

Ordered Ic Piping this week.

Hopefully this weekend with the help of my cousin i will be making my own downpipe.

wow very nice exactly what i want , how much did u spend so far?also what ems are u going with?

• 2 weeks later...

That one will have to be found used or someone selling one they don't want anymore. It is out of production.

You can still get magna intakes though. Just have to wait for GP's or know someone in the land down under.

• 1 month later...