2jzgte is going to happen!!!!!!!

Highly Boosted

no I was planing on going to great lakes dragway but after gas and nos fill and food ect it would cost about $300 just to make a couple of passes. So Im just going to wait till next year. The plan for the winter is rebuild my spare trans that 101pourpse blew up for me install roll cadge buy DSS axles install larger turbo and install meth injector and go back to unleaded fuel. I would love to stay with e85 but duty is like 85% and I dont want to ypgrade my fuel system again 1,000cc is big enough for me. Im planing on 700ish whp and 120-130 more on spray. mid 9's Id say.

• 2 weeks later...
the tranny is holding up relly well. I power shift 1&2 and 3&4 on the slick's with 100 shot so figure 630whp or so. Ya im thinking 67mm or something like that. Just enough to get me to 700whp

Glad to hear your car is still running but gotta get that rear end built. Btw, I did a run in the viper best i got down was a 11.8 @125mph. I just put exhaust on it thats all. And my 60' time was 2.04. I had to get outta the hole slow. I see that you wanna run 9's I don't think thats gonna happen with just 700rwhp unless you got that thing hook up w/o any wheel spin. Well hope to see ya soon again.

no I was planing on going to great lakes dragway but after gas and nos fill and food ect it would cost about $300 just to make a couple of passes. So Im just going to wait till next year. The plan for the winter is rebuild my spare trans that 101pourpse blew up for me install roll cadge buy DSS axles install larger turbo and install meth injector and go back to unleaded fuel. I would love to stay with e85 but duty is like 85% and I dont want to ypgrade my fuel system again 1,000cc is big enough for me. Im planing on 700ish whp and 120-130 more on spray. mid 9's Id say.

Who do you contact to get the dss axles and how much? I looked on their web site but they don't list anything for a quest that I could see. I snapped the nub off of my drivers side axle yesterday at the track. I've got another stock set but I would only be prolonging the inevitable.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10088/DSC00008.JPG

Who do you contact to get the dss axles and how much? I looked on their web site but they don't list anything for a quest that I could see. I snapped the nub off of my drivers side axle yesterday at the track. I've got another stock set but I would only be prolonging the inevitable.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10088/DSC00008.JPG

oh snap. hah. man... my car did once and i just popped another sock axle in....

lemme know how much those custom jobs are gonna be

they told me 2k for a set. but i will not need them anymore cus I will be putting this beast up for sale. i will try the boards first but im sure it will end up on ebay. I dont want to due it but there are more important things in life like my kids and a place to live. I wish i could keep it but Iv been going throught some pretty hard times with my X and i need the money to take care of some stuff. 9 years and 35k later and now its over just cus of a female, go figure.

they told me 2k for a set. but i will not need them anymore cus I will be putting this beast up for sale. i will try the boards first but im sure it will end up on ebay. I dont want to due it but there are more important things in life like my kids and a place to live. I wish i could keep it but Iv been going throught some pretty hard times with my X and i need the money to take care of some stuff. 9 years and 35k later and now its over just cus of a female, go figure.

Damn that sucks. Well get your cobra that you always wanted and leave it the way it is so its plenty fast stock and reliable. Hope this turn out well.

They told me 2k for a set also. A little too salty for me. I'll just stuff another stocker back in.

I've got an 00 GT vortech super charger intercooled with Steeda stage 3 suspension parts I'll trade you.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.p...age&img=654

pics are in my gallery

:confused0024:

• 4 weeks later...

i have to give you credit. it is the swap i had originally planned however the $ needed to complete such a project wasn't within my reach at the time.

however i planned on using the V16x trans instead of the R150. however the size was comparable with the T-56. even the T-5 would need some modification to the trans tunnel, which i didn't want to attempt. it's nice to know that the R150 will hold up under the conditions you've got.

i think the only thing i'd have to fault you for is the choice of the cobra R's.. not my taste.. but as long as it makes you happy.

congrats on getting it running.. you've certainly given me a reason to pause in my own swap and re-consider assembling a turbo 1JZ/2JZ when/if i finish with my current swap.. as most of the pieces i've assembled can still be used, single exhaust, fuel cell, etc..

once again congrats, and keep up the awesome work.

i'll be following along..

~J

I think its worth 1 billion lol Id say 15-20k there's about 35k just in parts. It looks like i might be keeping it now. It will be getting a bigger turbo and put back on 93oct with alk injection also a 6 point cage and drive shaft shop axles and 4:22 or higher gears. Im planing on 700+WHP and then 100whp extra on nitrous. I want to hit high 9's this summer. its going to be a fun summer!!!

I think its worth 1 billion lol Id say 15-20k there's about 35k just in parts. It looks like i might be keeping it now. It will be getting a bigger turbo and put back on 93oct with alk injection also a 6 point cage and drive shaft shop axles and 4:22 or higher gears. Im planing on 700+WHP and then 100whp extra on nitrous. I want to hit high 9's this summer. its going to be a fun summer!!!

congrats on the choice to keep her.. but.. priorities are key..

i'm in the process of re-evaluating my financial situation as well as my parts bin.

i do believe i'm being drawn back to the 1jz/2jz swap, hopefully you wouldn't mind answering

a few lingering questions i might have if and when they might arise.

good luck

~J

• 2 months later...

what did you use for motor mounts? did you fabricated them? or you got them somewhere? Im planning on doing the same engine swap to my 88 conquest

post-15701-1235962472_thumb.jpg

Mounts are just plate steel 1/4 with the factory mount pice welded to them you just drill the plate to the right size to bolt to the block then get the motor sitting right and tack the part of the old mount to it.

• 3 weeks later...
well 1 month untill the drag strip opens!!!!! Im going to run a little more nitrous in her this year. Not much changed over winter but It still runs and drives so thats good. The only thing I bought so far is some 4:62 gears

Im gonna laugh my but off when that thing dies on the line.......................................................................

then push it off and fix it just like every other time..... I cant wait atleast for a W.I.R burger

Edited by craig87

That's wild...The hours of work driveline breakage ,you have overcome all of it.Youre goal is to get in the 9s...You will do it.I've got to hand it to ya.Wheather people like it or not the amount of time,energy and effort is all paying off and it shows...Great car :eek1bluegreen: :jumping0045: :rock_band: :sunglasses:

well 1 month untill the drag strip opens!!!!! Im going to run a little more nitrous in her this year. Not much changed over winter but It still runs and drives so thats good. The only thing I bought so far is some 4:62 gears

Sweet, you ever get dyno tuned yet? With or without the NO2?

Im gonna laugh my but off when that thing dies on the line.......................................................................

then push it off and fix it just like every other time..... I cant wait atleast for a W.I.R burger

I second the burger!!

• 3 weeks later...
okay I saw the pic with the motor mounts and you use the factory mounts and modify them, thanks for the help , and for the harness you used one from the original car or does haltech offer one for that engine?