2jzgte is going to happen!!!!!!!

Highly Boosted

Why would you do that. The responsablility is yours not matts. I am just going to buy him some beer to take care of it and then that won't be an option for you anymore then. It's a whole 20 bucks and If my lousey paying job can afford it I'm sure you can!!! LOL.

Here you guys go. First a little story. Sorry for no sound, Sorry for video quality. With that said, also the last pass is at RSD (real street drags). They do not show times then to keep it a secret for betting reasons etc.... That is why there is no time shown on the clock. BUT!!!!! We did video the time slip once he got back in the pits and showed it to us. This would be the 11.8 run. The driver of the car is kinda a noob at drag so he's learning the ropes as he goes which you can tell by reaction time and how his et's are all over the place. Skills are improving very fastly though as his times are now pretty consistantly around 11.8 to 11.9 range. Remember this car is on only a street tune with pump gas and the tune has many little imperfections along with him tring different tire pressures and launch techniques as to not break a third axle. LOL. I firmly believe that if this car was able to lauch well, hook and go. With a 1.45 to 1.50 sixty foot it should easily be low 11's if not high 10's. He isn't able to acheive the 60 foot he wants now because when he lauches hard the axle breaks. As he's already proven!!!!! I believe he is going to be working on a e85 tune with 100hp shot of nitrous and drag slicks next. This all together should net much better track times if the car doesn't break. Well matt here are some of your runs. Definitely a top end car. Later. And Enjoy.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/fastfive_ogt/conquest%20pics/th_1258runthenbreak.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/fastfive_ogt/conquest%20pics/th_1287run.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/fastfive_ogt/conquest%20pics/th_conquestrun118.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Well I got a used tial bov but had to order a couple of parts before it gets put on. I also switched over to E-85 today and was able to do a ruff tune in about 1.5hr After I filled the tank with e85 my car bearly ran just enough to move it away from the gas pump. holy LEAN. my afr at idle was 12.5 and it went to like 18-19. I also bought a brand new turbosmart MBC. So my 11.8 pass at the track was on 93 and 22psi that fell to 18psi The boost drop should be fixed buy the new Tial bov and now that I have cheap race fuel in it (E-85) I should be running 28-29psi all the way up to 7k Im hopping for low 11's this friday. I was hopeing to have the suspension all done but I ran into a couple of problems with that. Im not sure if i want to run the slicks or not. I relly dont want to brake at the track again. I think I might just see if craig87 can bring them with if he comes once he's done with work. I also have been thinking about getting rid of it once summer is over. It seems like its always just a couple more $$ untill its done. This car has sucked my walet DRY and it dont even have A/C lol

well E-85 is working out great. I hit 29.90psi at 3700RPM's buy mistake oh well no damage done. This sat my car whould be on the dyno. a couple of friends rented a dyno shop for all day for only $500 and im the 4th person to go. I just want to see what kind of power this beast is relly makeing. boost is about 25psi but it still drops to 20-22psi after i put on the tial bov on the only boost leak I found was the oil seal in the turbo with leaked into the engine a little. I have no clue what is causeing this. oh well its still killer fast. I can wait to get the dyno #'s this sat

what kind of wastegate are you running?if it has a low pressure spring it might be opening some under boost even though youre bypassing boost through your boost controller.say if you had a 8lb spring and had you boost controller set at 25lb,maybe back pressure in the exhaust might be helping the wastegate open.this might sound stupid but i know i have a 38mm tial with a 6lb spring and when i ease down on the throttle it starts to ease open around 3lb but has no problem going on up to 6lb.with lower spring pressure its just harder to control.i think the springs are color coded

I have a 36mm HKS I started with a 7psi spring and just put in a 15psi spring. Maybe my exhaust is to small or my air filter cant flow that much air. Im relly running out of idea's here. Last sunday I looked at a 03 cobra with 460WHP that I might just buy If the quest keeps on buging me. I hope it dont come to that cus I love my quest so much but this hole working on my car every day is getting old. Thanks for all the help everyone

just take a week off or something.it'll all work out.you wont have good luck with those cobra axles either.it gets frustrating at times ,mines is suffering from a broken driveshaft right now.you have to just keep pluggin away at it,besides everybody owns a mustang.if it was easy,women+kids would be swapping engines.

well E-85 is working out great. I hit 29.90psi at 3700RPM's buy mistake oh well no damage done. This sat my car whould be on the dyno. a couple of friends rented a dyno shop for all day for only $500 and im the 4th person to go. I just want to see what kind of power this beast is relly makeing. boost is about 25psi but it still drops to 20-22psi after i put on the tial bov on the only boost leak I found was the oil seal in the turbo with leaked into the engine a little. I have no clue what is causeing this. oh well its still killer fast. I can wait to get the dyno #'s this sat

Does the boost drop from say 4000rpms to 7000rpms? Or is it dropping after each gear shift?

What BOV were you using before the Tial? The Tial could still be opening up slightly allowing pressure to escape.

Also, what kind of air fliter are you using? I've seen someone chase a pressure drop like yours, it turned out the filter was sucked shut/collapsed into the intake pipe a bit.

Your 3" exhaust will be fine until you want over 700rwhp. The only thing that might bottleneck you is the 36mm wastegate, but that would spike the boost, not gradually lower it.

That .58 AR on the turbine side isn't helping though. Which compressor housing do you have? Some turbo's like to drop pressure output if you're too far out on the compressor map. I'm not sure how happy a 60-1 is at 30psi or so. :)

I have a 36mm HKS I started with a 7psi spring and just put in a 15psi spring. Maybe my exhaust is to small or my air filter cant flow that much air. Im relly running out of idea's here. Last sunday I looked at a 03 cobra with 460WHP that I might just buy If the quest keeps on buging me. I hope it dont come to that cus I love my quest so much but this hole working on my car every day is getting old. Thanks for all the help everyone

Screw that Cobra. You're making more than that right now.

You feel like buying something, get yourself a DBB PT67 turbo.

I was useing the turbo xs type H and it was leaking the tial is working great. The air filter is a name brand K&N and there is a 4in pipe to connect the filter to the turbo. the compresser ar is 70 witch should be fine. I did some more tuning and playing with the boost today. boost is nice and steady anything lower that 18psi If you turn the boost up it will start to drop back down. right now in a 2nd and 3rd pull it will spike to 26 for a sec and then stay at 25 till about 5000rpm and them from about 5500 it dropes to 20ish and stays at a nice 20 all the way to 7k. Now that is from 2nd to 3rd. If I start in third it spikes to 29 super fast and hits the fuel cut that i put in my haltech to keep it from blowing sky high. I saw 32.30 on my log once. that this is with out changeing the boost controler. But with the better tune the tires are breaking loose at 50-60 mph in 3rd now. I cant seem to get traction in 2nd it all now. lol its still a blast to drive but it has so much more left in it. I also checked for leaks on the intake manifold and none found. thanks much

I was useing the turbo xs type H and it was leaking the tial is working great. The air filter is a name brand K&N and there is a 4in pipe to connect the filter to the turbo. the compresser ar is 70 witch should be fine. I did some more tuning and playing with the boost today. boost is nice and steady anything lower that 18psi If you turn the boost up it will start to drop back down. right now in a 2nd and 3rd pull it will spike to 26 for a sec and then stay at 25 till about 5000rpm and them from about 5500 it dropes to 20ish and stays at a nice 20 all the way to 7k. Now that is from 2nd to 3rd. If I start in third it spikes to 29 super fast and hits the fuel cut that i put in my haltech to keep it from blowing sky high. I saw 32.30 on my log once. that this is with out changeing the boost controler. But with the better tune the tires are breaking loose at 50-60 mph in 3rd now. I cant seem to get traction in 2nd it all now. lol its still a blast to drive but it has so much more left in it. I also checked for leaks on the intake manifold and none found. thanks much

sounds like you are getting there...

if thats one of those ebay turbos, I'd plan on getting a diff turbo. most likely the cause of your boost problems

not to mention do you want to risk your motor on a 200 dollar turbo? a PT67 would be about perfect for an insane street setup (its what i wanted, but ended up wtih a 61, about 300 - 400 rmp lower spool, but at the loss of 100 - 150 HP) Seems like there was a PT67 for sale in the classifieds here for $600ish just recently.

The one thing to deffinately not cheap out on when building a budget car would be the turbo setup..

ETS makes a really sweet Supra setup for way lower then its competition... still too much for me at this point

but it would be nice in a 2JZ starion. ETS Supra Kit

i ended up settling for a used SP budget t61 setup. Not as nice as the ETS but it will get the job done, if i ever get to build my 2JZ Quest!

the turbo is a 100% real garrett T4 spilt tang 60-1 70ar cold 58ar hot that has about 5k on it. I would not trust a china turbo it all. Iv seen the compresser houseings split right in half before. Im thinking the wastegate cus on a 3rd gear pull the gate never opens and hits more than 30 psi. But in a 2 to3 gear pull its ok. I want to get this fixed before sat so I can get some good #'s on the dyno

When I mentioned the AR, I was talking about the .58 on the turbine side.

It might not be a problem, but it's small from what i've seen on 2JZ's.. Mine is "small" also, with a T04E .70ar 60-1, split tang Garrett and I think a .68ar on the hotside.

The only thing I can think of is you're boosting past the efficiency ranges on the map and the turbo just can't keep supplying the CFM's as the RPM's go up. Can you log IAT's near the TB, or are you not set up for that?

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

ya i can log them. the sensor is about 2 feet before the TB and before the bov but it will still be a good reading. I just finished putting in a differant rear end cus the last one was houling. You might be right but I made 19.1 psi just fine on the 2.6 with the same setup. If the wastegate is set to say 25 why do I hit 30+ on a 3rd gear only pull? The WG should open but its not. only on a 2-3 pull I might also get rid of my weld drag lites and MT and just get a 275 drag ratial cus I dont ever think that the rear end will hold more than that and I dont feel like swaping out the diff for a stright axle.

When I mentioned the AR, I was talking about the .58 on the turbine side.

It might not be a problem, but it's small from what i've seen on 2JZ's.. Mine is "small" also, with a T04E .70ar 60-1, split tang Garrett and I think a .68ar on the hotside.

The only thing I can think of is you're boosting past the efficiency ranges on the map and the turbo just can't keep supplying the CFM's as the RPM's go up. Can you log IAT's near the TB, or are you not set up for that?

that explains why the boost drops off but why isnt the wastegate opening in third gear?

Matt,you might check out this link covering wastegates especially around 6:00.also you might take an air compressor-hose and check your wastegate to see if its working right every time.the video mentioned hooking up both ports on the wastegate which ive never heard before but it might be helpful.
Edited by tim si

so what he was saying is to put a boost signal to the top port and reg the side port right? So i can just put a T before my boost controler and run that to the top port on the wg to steady out the signal. I did some more logging

out side temp about 75

ECT 190

IAT 80 before boost

IAT after a 2nd to 3rd gear pull both gears to 7k rpm and at the end of 3rd IAT was 120 and then droped back to 80

Boost on that run was

2nd gear

25psi 4,700 RPM full boost

20psi 5,800 till 7,000 RPM

3rd gear

25.50psi 4,900 RPM

22 psi 5,600 RPM

20 psi from 6,000 till 7,00 RPM

the 6 to7k is nice and steady 20psi but If I start in 3rd it will just shoot up past 30 super quick and the WG is not opening then. maybe I should just try a 25psi spring. I will try sending boost to the top port on the WG tomarrow and see what that does. I gave my buddy a ride today and he thinks my car is putting down around 480-500WHP I think its more around 450WHP but will see this sat thanks again

yup I found that out today also and guess what i tryed it and it still does the same thing. Boost hits 27 and then flatens out at 22.5-23 now. I can relly feel the diffance in power. My AFR's are getting pretty close now but at 7k 20psi the 1,000cc injectors were at 83-84% duty cycle with E-85 and on 93 it was like 52.5 I think. It would be nice to get a steady 27-28psi in her. Im almost scared to open it up. lol not relly. A little more boost and a good timming table to make use of the 105 octane and she will be stupid fast. I cant even get traction till 60mph with the 275 BFG's on it lol I think the wastegate is just junk. I will try to buy a better and bigger one once I sell some more parts. 10's here we come heres some recent pics

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/289/0000768xm6.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9158/0000769dz1.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4301/0000770uw9.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9231/0000771ys7.jpg

Edited by Highly Boosted

well i snaped the spindle on the way down to the dyno today just doing a 2nd gear pull in town. But do to some nice local starquest owers my car was back on the road in less than 2 hours. We had to turn the boost down to get a 4th gear pull with out haveing fuel cut. So the the numbers are lower than what they were on the street. This was done on a mustang dyno witch from what I was told is one of the lowist reading dynos. I dont know why but I did not get the highist printout. but any way it made 569 torque at 4581rpm with wcf I think I know why my crap keeps on braking now lol I cant wait till the boost problem gets fixed and then she gets some spray

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/fastfive_ogt/conquest%20running/th_100_0600.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/fastfive_ogt/conquest%20running/th_100_0603.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9000/0000777yv8.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4397/0000776ak6.jpg

Edited by Highly Boosted

thats great matt,ive beenkinda waiting all day to hear about it.did they give you any kind of hp #?that turbo is gotta be getting close to max.how much boost did you go down to?i knew it had to be alot when you were still losing traction at 60.i bet youve changed your mind about that cobra havent ya :driving: Edited by tim si

WHP was 515.5 @ 5142rpm Im going to see if anyone makes stronger interals for my trans and then I might keep it and rebuild my last trans that broke due to a local member who sold inferior parts and knew it. Who also said that he would cover the damage if it was his fault but now he wount return any of my pms. so that soaked me like $900 just cus of his junk. But anyways I dont mind putting in a 8.8 with ladder bars as longs as the trans will hold up. But then I will get a bigger turbo and spray the hell out of it. 1,000WHP would be quite nice. lol Edited by Highly Boosted

If I was custom fabricating a rear end, I would first talk to "Driveshaft Shop" about a custom set. A couple local guys have these and they're really not that expensive.

If that wasn't good enough for me, I would do what most of the Lexus guys do and use either a whole supra rear end, or a GS400 rear end with Supra axles.

Also, like Tim asked. What psi was that dyno run at?

well im not to sure on how much boost its pushing right now. I would try to go make a pull on the street and tell you what boost is set at but my car just broke again while playing around. Not sure what broke but this sure is geting old. twice in one day. Boost was some were in the low 20's im guessing. The driveshaft shop axles are not much stronger I already looked into them and they still snap. If im going to go throw the time and money to swap something else in there I am just going to go big right off the bat. Its either going on ebay or its going to get an 8.8 I'm going to let it sit for a while and do some thinking about this whole conquest thing. I already have vaction planed for the last two drags strip days but im not even going to attempt to go cus all thats going to happen is a big bang!!!!!!!!!

heres the dyno sheet

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6520/0000778ja9.jpg

By highlyboosted, shot with KODAK C330 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-08-31

Edited by Highly Boosted

Im using the turbosmart boost controller. I love the controler but I hate the wastegate. I tore the whole thing apart and found nothing wrong. Go figure. I even went as far as pulling the pinion out takeing apart the lsd to look at the spiders and side gears. The lsd plates have some normal wear for 100k plus miles. torque tube, driveshaft flange and pinion splined thing all looks good. It sounds just link striped splines. my buddy says that the driveshaft was spining and the axles are not. Axle splines are also good along with the trans yoke and output shaft. So its all put back togather and it will be going back in for destruction. I'll just put it in 5th gear and rev her to say 6k maybe 7k for a short time. And whatever starts to smoke and change colors must be bad. lol this will be fun. I'll see if i can get it on video for you all. I also picked up an 8.8 with LSD and 5 lug and new disk brakes but I think I over paid. He wanted 20 bucks for it. So i decided to cough up the money for it. Its not much but it (might) be a start.