stock conquest motor

A lot. Just make sure you have a good tune, proper fuel, and you can probably run 30 psi without problems. make sure the I/C is good enough. MPI is probably the best bet for that.

But this should be in Off topic or advanced vitrual mechanic.

the key is not only having your car in constant good condition its also key that you have the ability to recognise a problem from the moment something is not right.

I highly recommend you drive your car stock for awhile to work out any hidden gremlins that may be hiding before you up the boost and modify.

good luck,

Monty

how much boost can a stock motor handle

Well , thats a trick question !! Its a trick question because you never said what size turbo ! It may be able to handle 25lbs off a 16G but it will only take about 18off a bigger T3T4 set-up even with a good tune !!

there is no way id run more than 15psi on a stock quest..thats pushin it you'd need aftermarket seals and studs IMO

The solution to your problem is a gt42r.

wrong

the solution is MPI and run up to 30psi with good tiune and proper bolt ons

I have a 1.15a/r T3 housing with a 3-1/2" discharge on the exhaust, with stock compression and cam and TBI with 10psi i picked up 60 rwhp and get full boost in second gear at ~3,000rpm. The solution to make power on these motors is a way larger turbo on the exhaust side. I know they are low compression and you cant go overboard but the stock turbo design (no matter what guts it has) is pretty lack luster compared to the variety and reliability of Garrett style turbos. I highly recommend going Garrett first and foremost if everything else is running good. You will be blown away at how much power you will gain and at a respectively low amount of boost compared to what you would have to run with any Mitsubishi turbo to get the same amount of power.

I have a 1.15a/r T3 housing with a 3-1/2" discharge on the exhaust, with stock compression and cam and TBI with 10psi i picked up 60 rwhp and get full boost in second gear at ~3,000rpm. The solution to make power on these motors is a way larger turbo on the exhaust side. I know they are low compression and you cant go overboard but the stock turbo design (no matter what guts it has) is pretty lack luster compared to the variety and reliability of Garrett style turbos. I highly recommend going Garrett first and foremost if everything else is running good. You will be blown away at how much power you will gain and at a respectively low amount of boost compared to what you would have to run with any Mitsubishi turbo to get the same amount of power.

YES, i have been saying this for years. Stop putting baby turbos on your quests. I will be running a sc63 T4 P trim. I believe I will be the first on this board to run a t4 on a p trim at that.

Its time to do something different no MITSU TURBOS

Just a second. Is it one of those ebay garrets or a genuine one? The bigger AR ebay garrets spool fast as hell because of their small shafts unlike the "big shaft" garret which comes on later. That is why I asked which gear does it get you full boost

YES, i have been saying this for years. Stop putting baby turbos on your quests. I will be running a sc63 T4 P trim. I believe I will be the first on this board to run a t4 on a p trim at that.

which code sc63 is that.... i have larger of the 2 on the precision site.

Its time to do something different no MITSU TURBOS

Just a second. Is it one of those ebay garrets or a genuine one? The bigger AR ebay garrets spool fast as hell because of their small shafts unlike the "big shaft" garret which comes on later. That is why I asked which gear does it get you full boost

i have a garret gt32 i can hit full boost in first gear. my boost is set to 13psi.

how much boost can a stock motor handle

If it's just the stock turbo, the little 12A starts pushing a lot of hot air past 15psi, I don't like going above that on mine, so I'm set at about 15 on my stock setup. But this was after a few years of getting rid of small problems that arose. Fuel pump, bad gas tank, filters, bad coil, turbo rebuild, etc. Lots of little things that can arise.

Drive it stock for a while, make sure the car is 100% before you mod it.

Derek