shado's 88 fiji blue

attack vector

lol! thanks Fanta! Thos pics make it look nicer then it is... I mean it's in very good shape, but it needs a repaint.

soulja620, thanks man! I was born in Chicago, grew up in Niles and now own a home in Palatine. How long have you been in AZ?

I'll try and post some more pics today... I know I'm got em laying around.

Hey man dont know if you remember me from chris' meet aewhile back but i live in Glendale heights now so hit me up some time and maybe we can chill... i have found some more in the area and im trying to get them to join..

Hey Starquest86! Did you have a flatty at the meet? The only one I ever remember sporting a flatty was Marc with his mint 83. Which car was yours and whicht meet did we meet at? Sorry man it's my bad for not having a better memory. But hell yeah I'm always up for hanging out with fellow Starquesters, especially those closer to home. I'm up in Palatine, so not that far from you at all. Just a sprint down the 53/355. so we should def hook up sometime! Shoot me a PM if you're ever interested!

Damn dude, and here I always pitcured AZ as a really neat place to live. I'm sure I'd think different after living there for a summer :lol:

I'll see if I can get some engine shots taken, but it looks very stock. It had a mild street build up by the previous owner, JE pistons, stainless vales, non-jet-valve head, etc... But all that ugly stock plumbing is still there including the crappy TBI.

I've been tearing through it pulling off all the ECI crap and the AC, ABS, cruise control, etc... so it's getting a little more cleaned up, but the real change will come when I get around to installing the magna MPI that I've got sitting on the shelf. :wink:

First things first tho, I gotta finish my tranny swap project.

In the meantime, here are some more pics of the car:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2286/dscf25259sv.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9320/dscf26389qs.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1981/dscf26160zr.jpg

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9814/dscf27426rb.jpg

Damn dude, and here I always pitcured AZ as a really neat place to live. I'm sure I'd think different after living there for a summer :lol:

It is. I've been here since late '93, and honestly the only other place i'd move to is Oregon or Washington.. Sure the summers are hot, but I barely noticed this last summer.. You will not find another place that has better winters(unless you like ice and snow).. It's the ultimate driving weather, cool and dense air makes my turbo very happy. :lol: :D If you need a change of scenery, drive for 2 hours north and it's like a whole different state(Prescott, payson, holbrook, flagstaff etc..) Snow, ice, rain.. Twisty a** mountain roads..

Did I mention there's no property tax here in Mesa? :wink:

That does sound pretty nice! I've lived in Colorado on and off for parts of my life as my dads side of the family is out there. Perfect weather. Mild winters, no humidity, cool summer nights. Lots of sunshine... if the economy weren't so bad there, I'd consider moving back... but for now I'm back home in the Chicago region buckling down for another craptastic winter... bah-humbug.

It is. I've been here since late '93, and honestly the only other place i'd move to is Oregon or Washington.. Sure the summers are hot, but I barely noticed this last summer.. You will not find another place that has better winters(unless you like ice and snow).. It's the ultimate driving weather, cool and dense air makes my turbo very happy. :lol: :D If you need a change of scenery, drive for 2 hours north and it's like a whole different state(Prescott, payson, holbrook, flagstaff etc..) Snow, ice, rain.. Twisty a** mountain roads..

Did I mention there's no property tax here in Mesa? :wink:

maybe i just dont get out much...

My routine destinations are avondale/queen creek, and tempe...

how boring...

That does sound pretty nice! I've lived in Colorado on and off for parts of my life as my dads side of the family is out there. Perfect weather. Mild winters, no humidity, cool summer nights. Lots of sunshine... if the economy weren't so bad there, I'd consider moving back... but for now I'm back home in the Chicago region buckling down for another craptastic winter... bah-humbug.

hey hey, you want to laugh at something? This here southern Canadian is about to go up in that craptastic weather in a week :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
man i tell you these cars were so ahead of their time stylisticly it crazy. all these evo and wrx and many other car now have bulging fenders like ours. A clean quest could me mistaken for a 2000 something car since people dont know what they are or have forgotten them anyway.

Thanks for all the inspired words guys! I can't wait for spring to get here. I'm on a mission to take tons of pix this season, and not just of my own car. I love taking pics of other SQ's and there's a good bunch of guys here in my region. I missed Mike K's car last year so he better get that puppy waxed up and ready for some Milwaukee photo-shoots! Ya here that Mike! :wink:

Seriously, thanks guys. I wish I could take a pic of everyones car. I love this stuff. If ever anyone is near the northern IL region and you want me to snap some glamor shots of your whip, let me know!

• 2 months later...