Header feeler

sqall12001

Just looking for how many people MAY want a tubular manifold in the next month or so. I'm attending school right now where I have the chance to build a jig and start makin a few manifolds.

I am a good TIG welder that can lay very nice looking beads.

Again, Just a feeler.

Manifolds will probably go for about $350 ish.

If i can get a good jig and make one for me i'll be posting a pix for sure.

thx,

-Nick

The only reason to make a tubular manifold is so you can fit a garrett of some sort on there. t3 or t4, but t4 is almost too big for the 54b, so yeah, t3 flange, would you make a wastegate flange for a tial 38mm?

For a feeler, yeah, i'd get one, but i've got one of my own in the works so I won't be buying any now. If you had asked a month ago, maybe I would have! :) make one and I'll tell you if it's good!

Good luck.

oh, btw, there have been a few of these feelers lately, so if you show up with a good product that you will actually sell, you'll be ahead of the game.

I could add a tube to mount a custom wastegate off of, but i don't have a flange to make the actual tial flange from. but making the extra tube would be pretty easy.

The end of next week I MAY be able to start on it at school, but I have to finish a few comps first.

-Nick

I probably won't have a polished one for sale, but yes, similar to those, but with a more consistant weld bead

more like this one, (we have to be consistant like this in school to get a "sign off"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickcoughlinjr/266431367/

-Nick

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

status = no go. Time in school was very minimal for this project. I'm now out of school working at a 4x4 fab shop in Nashville area. I want to get my own welder and try this again, but there is no telling when that will ever happen.

-Nick