Megasquirt questions? How to set-up? Just ask! Diagram post!

Well its a set up thats brand new that i bought from another member. Actually traded for it. I know he said it was built by scott. But he doesnt know the exacts of the set up. It has built in boost control, and came with the gm iat. Im trying to get in contact with scott but my phone for some reason will not let me start a conversation. But will let me reply. So if u see this scott could u please pm me?

MS1 will definitely control ignition if the box is built for it. Also, it depends on what ignition setup you want to use. I was using MS1 when I first got my MPI running. I upgraded to MS2 for the increased processing speed.

I've since had Scott do the mods to the box to control ignition along with getting an MSD box for it. The issue I had with the car running was with the signal wire. I'm going to purchase a new wiring harness sometime soon from Scott and have him wire in and program an IAT sensor or FIdle valve as well just to make sure everything is kosher. The harness has been hacked so many times that it's still a headache and where I have to do a lot of other electrical repairs I might as well do it all over again the right way.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Is there a video series online anywhere of someone installing Scott's MS2 system in a Starquest? It would be very helpful to me personally since I learn better visually and hands on than reading about it. Thanks in advance. Something like a video of "Megasquirt for Dummies" like me. I bought the system but haven't started in on it just yet still trying to talk myself into starting it.