need help with megasquirt tuning

I'm hoping somebody can help me, Ive been trying to tune my megasquirt for 2 weeks now and still have not got it running right. as soon as i hit the gas it wants to either backfire out the intake or "burble/miss" and not want to rev up for a sec until it cleans out then it revs up fine. if i barely ease on the gas gradually it is fine. as soon as i touch the gas the a/f guage maxxes out to 28 I have it calculated for 2666cc and 450cc injectors which equals 9.8 required fuel. ive messed with everything and cant seem to get it right. seems to smell like it is running rich. i wish i could get a base map to start with and tune from there. I'm running a narrowband O2, big16g, mild raceTEP cam, 450cc injs, megasquirt v2.2, mustang TB and tps. Another thing. i calibrated my tps on megatune version 2.0 and it sat at 0 on the guage like it was supposed to. Then i downloaded megatune v. 2.5 and it sits at like 19 on the guage. but when i calibrate it on both versions with closed throttle it gets around 47 and around ~250 at WOT. I'm thinking this has somthin to do with why i cant get the enrich right or maybe somthing isnt right with the constants. All i know is im at the end of my rope and need to get this thing running good :roll:

i hardely ever get it to idle smooth but when i do i screw it back up trying to get the on throttle thing fixed...and yes i have read the mega manual numerous times and the rest of my engine is running top notch besides the injection system. this is me first time....

Is the inj pulswidths supposed to fluctuate because they do.... from about 2.8-3.0

well how do you have the dist. hook up? I did alot of different setup. And one problem was rev it up like you you were saying by hitting the gas fast. Well I found the best way so far which is the stock dist. locked down and used a msd 6a with the purple and green wire and worked perfect. I have just a lil problem with steping on the gas but can fix that. One more thing GET A WIDEBAND!!! I could never done the tuning on my brother car til i got a wideband and works awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
Well ive had it running smooth for 1 month and a 1700 mile road trip and no problems. You just have to take your time tuning and have an understanding of how the megasquirt works. it just took me a "few" times reading the megamanual to finally understand everything. it could still use some fine tuning but that will have to wait for a laptop. its already much quicker and way more responsive than it was before the mpi, that is before 4k rpm...havnt had a need to experience the rest :) . i am having 1 problem though, that i have not reasearched yet, somtimes when i start it up it will run rough like it isnt tuned every once in a while it will do it to me going down the road.... but if i restart it once or twice its fine. Anyone know what could cause this? all connections are soldered so it isnt a bad connection....maybe the ground, i have all ms ground wires grounded to the chassis by the stock ecu location... Oh and why would there be water (condensation) in my MAP sensor line. but anyway i will get some pics up tomorrow of my setup if anybody wants to check it out.

Well ive had it running smooth for 1 month and a 1700 mile road trip and no problems. You just have to take your time tuning and have an understanding of how the megasquirt works. it just took me a "few" times reading the megamanual to finally understand everything. it could still use some fine tuning but that will have to wait for a laptop. its already much quicker and way more responsive than it was before the mpi, that is before 4k rpm...havnt had a need to experience the rest :) . i am having 1 problem though, that i have not reasearched yet, somtimes when i start it up it will run rough like it isnt tuned every once in a while it will do it to me going down the road.... but if i restart it once or twice its fine. Anyone know what could cause this? all connections are soldered so it isnt a bad connection....maybe the ground, i have all ms ground wires grounded to the chassis by the stock ecu location... Oh and why would there be water (condensation) in my MAP sensor line. but anyway i will get some pics up tomorrow of my setup if anybody wants to check it out.

Thats all it takes is time and tuning but I can tune em in good just that I just went way too big on my setup lol. But your problem with starting it is the warmup enrichment i don't even bother with it til later so i can't really tell you what to do here but i know thats the problem.